cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 512k to 1mb

N/A

Upgrade from 512k to 1mb

Just want to clarify a few things because i am seriously thinking of upgrading my account to 1mb.

I know you are disconnected for a few days and then reconnected.

1) Can I use my existing customer ID on my new connection...I have had the account for over a year - going on 2 and contacts I have know my email address. On the sign up form there seems to be no provision for existing customers..only new ones or others who have migrated from other ISPs.

2) Is there free dial in whilst the line is sorted out?? I mean on a 56k modem? Something that would ease the transition?

3) Will my account for email still exist..in other words..if connection takes a week..will I still be able to access my email during that time and use the relay stmp for my other email accounts? Will my email disappear along with my account?

Hoping you can help

Best Regards
Mo
5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Upgrading

Hi,

I will be most interested to here the various F9 answers to the points you have made & I say this as a potential upgrade user myself.

Further if you have an exsisting 512k ADSL type account I would be most suprised from past experience if the upgrade process to 1Meg involved major changes to your various details (i.e. exsisting email address,domain names,etc).

The only thing that is being changed here as far as I can see is the bandwidth size. OK its going from 512K to a full 1Meg but over the exsisting telecoms infrastructure both BT's & F9's. OK I accept that your ADSL kit at your end might have to be able to deal with a full 1meg, and I aslo accept that BT's line card at your exchange might have to be adjusted or changed for a 1meg card but thats all as far as I can see. The rest of your account & details wont change, well if I am completely wrong here I'm sure someone from F9's support team will put me right with the correct details.

Best Regards
Ivan
N/A

Re: Upgrading

Hi,

I will be most interested to here the various F9 answers to the points you have made & I say this as a potential upgrade user myself.

Further if you have an exsisting 512k ADSL type account I would be most suprised from past experience if the upgrade process to 1Meg involved major changes to your various details (i.e. exsisting email address,domain names,etc).

The only thing that is being changed here as far as I can see is the bandwidth size. OK its going from 512K to a full 1Meg but over the exsisting telecoms infrastructure both BT's & F9's. OK I accept that your ADSL kit at your end might have to be able to deal with a full 1meg, and I aslo accept that BT's line card at your exchange might have to be adjusted or changed for a 1meg card but thats all as far as I can see. The rest of your account & details wont change, well if I am completely wrong here I'm sure someone from F9's support team will put me right with the correct details.

Best Regards
Ivan
N/A

Upgrade from 512k to 1mb

I hope F9 can reply soon as I want to get things moving..one way or another. I believe my SpeedTouch Alcatel (Green Frog) can handle 1mb. I just need to know that my user stuff..email etc will be preserved.
Mike_Grice
Grafter

Re: Upgrade from 512k to 1mb

1) Can I use my existing customer ID on my new connection...I have had the account for over a year - going on 2 and contacts I have know my email address. On the sign up form there seems to be no provision for existing customers..only new ones or others who have migrated from other ISPs.

This is fine. You can perform an upgrade on your account and all your details will stay the same.
2) Is there free dial in whilst the line is sorted out?? I mean on a 56k modem? Something that would ease the transition?
Unfortunately you are stuck on 56k while the transition goes ahead. We do provide an 0845 local rate number but it's not free...
3) Will my account for email still exist..in other words..if connection takes a week..will I still be able to access my email during that time and use the relay stmp for my other email accounts? Will my email disappear along with my account?

Yes. All your other account features will continue to work, just not the ADSL connection while your new connection is provisioned (eta of 5-7 working days).

Hope this answers your points!
Ianwild
Grafter

Upgrade from 512k to 1mb

I hope F9 can reply soon as I want to get things moving..one way or another. I believe my SpeedTouch Alcatel (Green Frog) can handle 1mb. I just need to know that my user stuff..email etc will be preserved.

Please bear in mind that Support do not normally monitor this forum...

If you need to ask us questions, the customer feedback forum is the place to go.

Regards,