cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 1MB to 2MB

N/A

Upgrade from 1MB to 2MB

Hi, Currently using Office 1000 and would like to upgrade to 2MB.

Does any1 know how long it takes and is there any interruption of my existing serviceHuh?

I cannot afford any downtime and therefore do not want to be disconnected during the transitional period.

Thanks, JD.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Upgrade from 1MB to 2MB

As per the Ugrade Guide:

Q3 of the Upgrade Guide[/url], Force9"]3. How long will it take to upgrade my broadband?

The regrade process itself is performed by BT, typically 5 - 7 days after the regrade is ordered. You will experience minimum downtime (often no more than 20 minutes) and regrades are normally performed by BT between 2AM and 6AM. If the type of change you wish to make requires two regrades (See question 11), the second cannot be submitted until the first is complete, so these changes will take 10 - 14 working days in total. Please Note: These timescales are guides only, orders may take longer to complete in some circumstances.
[Top]
N/A

Upgrade from 1MB to 2MB

Sad i regraded from .5 to 2MB and although it went smoothly from a force9 perspective i lost my phone & broadband for 2 days as a fault appeared on the BT side. all sorted now. I originally was getting around 1.65 on the speed test and i tweaked my registry settings and i now get 1.85 cheers MIke
N/A

Upgrade from 1MB to 2MB

HI, Thanks for the info on the regrade. I think I will go ahead with this.

PS: Where can I find tips on tweaking settings on getting the most out of my existing broadband connection?

Cheers, J
N/A

Upgrade from 1MB to 2MB

You might try the ideas mentioned in MTU Tweak over on the PlusNet Forums (you can log on as username "guest" and password "guest").