cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Fair Usage anybody ?

N/A

Just wondering what the current situation with the VMU was and if was any news on new roll out date ? :roll:
28 REPLIES
zone8
Grafter

LoL why you asking Huh? we dont want to hurry them up lol
N/A

Why not it suits me fine ! I don't download that much, I use my bandwidth for gaming mostly so I'm more interested in the faster connection than the amount I can download.

Cheesy
zone8
Grafter

LoL I myself would be sorted if limit was 40 - 50 gb per month Smiley but as im not im in no rush to get this policy into action LOL
N/A

Looks like you get what you wanted zone8, FUP has been cancelled
zone8
Grafter

Wow,

To be fair alot of people wanted it. But i have got used to the idea now of fair usage policy. I found out i only download around 22-26gb per month what takes it over the top of 30gb is my uploading i do. so infact I could have fitted the policy fine. Like I have always said if the first cap was 40 - 50gb then i would never have started this huge chat about it. But LoL "parkhead" dont think they stopped the fair usage just because of me they would of had huge meetings over it & did alot of thinking & taken everyones reviews on this subject.

so whats going to happen to all the price plans now ? all going to change again ?
N/A

so whats going to happen to all the price plans now ? all going to change again ?

Have a wee look at customer feedback section of the actual plusnet forums. There is a thread just started headed "FUP Withdrawn - Questions here" (sign in with guest guest)

I think that ones going to grow and grow as it has been mentioned that the contention ratio was said to be no longer an issue in for users because of the change to boradband pricing structure.
zone8
Grafter

I think Plusnet is going to take action like I suggested & thats to just kick the high bandwidth users which was my point I made along time ago & a few other peoples idea's I do infact understand that they use so much bandwidth that it does everyone in.

I think plusnet are 100% on the right track now though from reading about the contention ratio.

See as plusnet say its about 1% of the customers causing the problems. so Plusnet just need to help them to a differnet ISP LoL Smiley
zone8
Grafter

Thats such a bummer im unable to post over on plusnet forums Sad oh well have to ask all the questions on are forum Smiley
N/A

Thats such a bummer im unable to post over on plusnet forums oh well have to ask all the questions on are forum

I know what you mean but I think if you post in the guest section over there you can ask to be given posting privelages as it happend for slevgb in the free section here I've seen him over there.
zone8
Grafter

I thought he worked for the company parkhead LoL dont think they would want me on 2 forums Smiley
N/A

Initially I thought 'great, no more fair usage', but then I wonder how the pricing is going to work (Im on £21.99 with 2mbits, moved to 30GB premier). They have withdrawn new premier accounts until the 28th, but I'm just a bit worried about what it will mean for me when they decide what the pricing plans will be... expecially as fair usage wouldnt have affected me !!

Jarv
N/A

Initially I thought 'great, no more fair usage', but then I wonder how the pricing is going to work (Im on £21.99 with 2mbits, moved to 30GB premier). They have withdrawn new premier accounts until the 28th, but I'm just a bit worried about what it will mean for me when they decide what the pricing plans will be... expecially as fair usage wouldnt have affected me !!

Kinda concerned myself. Was just about to do what you did and move down to that level (was discussing it with someone yesterday and about to raise a ticket) but now this moves the goal posts.

I agreed with FUP there were alot of people like me too. Most people who disagreed, some very loudly in this forum, changed their mind when it they weighed up the pros and cons.

You say when they decide about the pricing it appears they already have
From dtomlinson
We want to avoid information overload and avoid confusion. There is a lot of information to absorb so are splitting it in two.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. And watch the ranting and raving which is always good for a laugh. Cheesy
N/A

And watch the ranting and raving which is always good for a laugh. Cheesy

Wink
zone8
Grafter

yeah will be a good laugh LoL

pretty exciting to see what everything will change to on the 28th LoL