cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twisted Spire DIY

N/A

Twisted Spire DIY

No prize as to whom this refers. He (?) wrote
I've wired up an led into the hall lightswitch to tell me if either of the garage doors is open (i forget to close them sometimes).

Oh dear, so do I. One day I will get up and find all my expensive equipment has done a walk away. I keep promising to do the garage open indicator, a round to it job. Not sure how to approach it, I have some spair burglar alarm wires into the garage, so I will utilise them.

Having gutted and refurbished this bungalow I am now working on my daughters 1930 house in Manchester, what with that and a half baked half acre garden my (Reitired) time is full, however did I find time to work?

Anyway any suggestions for a Garage open indicator?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Twisted Spire DIY

Well if you have spare wires on the alarm system then the easiest way would be to just fit reed relay and magnet to the doors making it part of the alarmsetup.
This of course would only warn you when you tried to set the alarm but at least you shouldn't leave it open when youve gone to bed. Smiley
N/A

Twisted Spire DIY

I had thought of that, but there is one disadvantage, I would have to get out of the car and reset the burglar alarm before opening the garage door. Not only would I forget ( Shockedops: ) but it would be a bind in inclement weather.
Community Veteran

Twisted Spire DIY

Thats not finished... Cheesy

There is the decking steps to the far corner platform, the pagola, the BBQ with built in water feature and the borders to be done. The block paved lawn edging needs doing too.

Maybe the aforementioned would like to post a picture of the BBQ with built in water feature :? i'd like to see how that's done! :lol: