cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tvs??

N/A

Tvs??

You guys i am after a new tv just after xmas time ( sale time then ). I want it for the xbox 360 and cause my current tv is dieing really. I came across this

http://www.digiuk.com/productdetail.asp?id=4945

What you guys think. Any good for xbox 360 and sky hd next year
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Tvs??

LCD TVs are crap. LCD never works well over 21", thats why they use plasmas. Take a look in Dixions at the quality comparision between CRTs, LCDs and Plasmas. If you can't afford a plasma I'd stick with a CRT.

Chris
LiamM
Grafter

Tvs??

This is very well priced at the moment if you can stretch to it. They do finance also.

Link

Tis on special only for this week though.
Community Veteran

Tvs??

It's my birthday next week if anyone's interested....

Chris
N/A

Tvs??

Chris,

The problem with Plasma screens is they often have a short usage life, i.e. the number of hours they can actually work for.
LCD screens have come on a long way, and some of the newer ones are pretty good.

Happy Birthday for next week.
N/A

Tvs??

Lcd are crap!!!, were you been hidingHuh. My lcd monitor on my pc is far better than my old crt. Plus they dont do many hdtvs in crt do they. Do you think the tv i have said i want will drop even further in price around january sales. Or is it just best to get now

And sorry i for got my grammer
N/A

Tvs??

Lcd are crap were you been hiding. My lcd monitor on my pc is far better than my old crt.

Hmmm, re-read this and tell me where the typo is lol . You slated lcd and then in the same breath said that your new monitor (LCD) is better than CRT?

LCD screens do struggle with moving images compared with CRT screens. Plasma screens are great, but they still cost a lot and they often have a short working life. The newer LCD screens aren't perfect, but they take up very little room, and they last, and they don't cost a packet.
N/A

Tvs??

Chris,

The problem with Plasma screens is they often have a short usage life, i.e. the number of hours they can actually work for.
LCD screens have come on a long way, and some of the newer ones are pretty good.

Happy Birthday for next week.

This is true, I used to work in insurance claims up until 6 months ago and it was
Amazing just how many people put in claims for damaged plasma sets that they dropped or something similar that were just over 2 yrs old. We used to have to replace them and the suppliers we used advised that the reason they were suspicious of people doing this was that to recharge the plasma in the screen was as expensive as a new set.
rspurgeon
Grafter

Tvs??