Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tumble Drier not working!

Rourkefamily
Grafter

Any Domestic Engineers out there? Not Wives :roll:

Our Creda condenser tumble drier is no longer producing heat to dry the clothes. Still tumbles and runs to the timer but of course does not dry as there is no heat!

I would guess either a thermosat or heating element. Any one have any suggestions?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Im no washing machine engineer but it sounds like your diagnosis is probably spot on.

Chris
Community Veteran

Hey rourke family, I did do a quick google search on this and came across a few posts on hotomendit.com however on more googling I am guessing that you have already posted there! http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=43500

From what the wonderful google has said it does seem like your right, time to get the yellow pages out! (other phone books are available!)
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Thanks Andy. Google and Yahoo in tandem. Very impressed with the site. Found a similar problem back in 2005. It mentions a dual heating element so on that basis, as I get no heat at all I will try the thermostat. Did add another post to see if I get other ideas.

Jim
Community Veteran

Tumble driers are fitted with a thermal overheat switch, which is designed to stop the tumble drier catching fire should it over heat.

These normally need to be manually reset after they have triggered. In the case of our tumble drier, it is accessed via a hole in back which is covered by a red rubber cover, pushing down on the cover you can feel it click as it resets.

But on some machines they are internal, and require a plastic pin to be pushed through the centre to reset.

The normal cause fro these to trip are because the fluff filter has become blocked.

Chilly
shellsong
Grafter

Our Creda Sensair DL is getting a bit long in the tooth now and I need to get a new door for it but in the past I have delved into it to the extent of replacing heating elements three times and thermal trips/controllers twice-- it's a nuisance to have to do it but easy enough if you have an affinity with that sort of stuff