cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tsunami Fund donations

N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

thankfully after contacting plusnet directly, they decided that the posts were not off topic...but I thought a new thread would be better to totally avoid any misunderstanding someone might have of my meaning

I am not after a confrontation, contrary to what SOME may think here, but there are homeless and dying people in the UK, children being abused, mentally and physically, we have charities such as childline who always need funds, can you not redirect your money to childline or, even better still, charities local to your own neighbourhood or area.

£50 million by the government, £50 million by the public, thats just ridiculous, what could that £100 million have done in the UK, I am not saying that throwing money at a problem will solve it, maybe help a little. There are too many homeless kids here, well, 1 is 1 too many.

I am not heartless, I do feel for these people, having gone through a cyclone and two floods myself, I have a small idea what they are going through, although obviously not on such a large scale, I have also been in the middle of a war as a child. That was harrowing enough.

Okay, give something to them, but just a little, and give more locally, lets sort our problems out too!
12 REPLIES
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

Well actually, your posts were off topic.

If you had posted on here about a website that allowed people to make a donation to the Homeless British Childrens fund, and someone had interfered and said
" I'm sick of this, theres lots and lots of abandoned cats in this country, we should think about them first."...........see what I mean. You had no business in interfering in that post, it was about "the" world disaster.

Its no good trying to cover your tracks now, I personally dont care if you survived the Hiroshima atomic bomb or the black death, you are a miserable old man.

Good ridance.
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

sorry mate, they werent,

I contact PN CS, and they decided they werent, which is good enough for me.

You mentioned one side of a coin, I the other.

Yourself, you just drag it into a personal attack, which I wont lower myself too, I am not a miserable old man, I am only 32, I work for a voluntary group, I have with my families help raised nearly 80,000 for local disabled kids, I just believe that we should sort our own problems first, physical help over there fair enough, excellent idea, India does not want money, Thailand, which personally disgusts me because of the child sex trade over there, is a rich enough country to sort out there own mess.

It was not just about a world disaster, you spoke of a donation, which is precisely what I replied too, it wasnt off topic at all.

Maybe when you have donated your £1 to the fund, and donated another to a local charity, you might feel better, but it wont solve problems,
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

Just what has Plusnet Cutomer support got to do with this forum? It has its own moderators. :roll:

ps, I am sorry, I take it back, you are not a miserable old man, you are a miserable young man. :roll:
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

LOL, some would agree with you, and I imagine PN has quite a bit to do with the forum, seeing as it is on their site.

Andrew, lets just settle this the easy way, you dont agree with me, I dont agree with you, you want to level it as personal attacks, I dont, the world charities need peeps like you, local need peeps like me, so lets just leave it at that yeah. Dont have a go at my nationality, age or temprement, there is really no point in turning this into a slagging match which I am not going to do!
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

Come on guys, let not make this personal.
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

GB, exactly, I agree, I have just noticed that Andrew is in the RAF, nice one, ex raf meself, which gives me more reason not to argue,
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

Cool, Happy New Year to you Both Cheesy
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

damn, yeah forgot lol, happy new year to you too, and to plusnet,, regardless of whatever decision they would have reached, they are still the best...

look, its me going off topic now
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

Happy new year Rob, no hard feelings. Wink
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

np mate same to you and yours
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

awwww so nice to see people who can disagree but stil get along!!!

I do agree with the whole thing of "charity begins at home" and there are a lot of people here who could do with that kind of money being given to them... but then gain a disaster of this scale is just unforseen and i think even with all the money that is going to be going there it wont be enough.

I have given... a little... but i have also given to charities at home too. I just hope that the money going to those victims of the tsunami is not in vain as only last night it was reported that some people have been found "selling" the aid food/blankets etc..... so sad Cry

Anyhow, fingers crossed this year doesnt bring anything like that again... and that we can al have a peaceful and prosperous 2005 Smiley
N/A

Tsunami Fund donations

echoed here too!