cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering Domain out.

N/A

Transfering Domain out.

Hi

Why if i pay £1 month for my 1st domain do i have to pay £45+vat to transfer it out?

Regards

Stottie
7 REPLIES
N/A

Transfering Domain out.

Because ISPs dont like releasing tags to another isp and updating all the whois information Smiley

Its like selling your car and driving your car to the buyer 250 miles away... a pain in the ass Smiley
N/A

Transfering Domain out.

I think it is a rip off as well. especially as you can go to nominet and move it for £15. I'm waiting for F9 to tell me why it costs £45? Plus how much of the fee they still owe to Nominet. My new host told me about nominet price after I told them it was going to cost me £45.

I found an new PHP, mysql friendly home at www.php4hosting.com I've also started to move some of my old customers from F9 to Zen. F9 have had too many chances. I'll keep my free account for old times but I won't host a website on a system which is not backedup and you can loose everything without even an apology. Of course an appology would be a sign of guilt and responsibilty which would open them to action.
N/A

Transfering Domain out.

I've got my response from F9 in regard moving the domain.

My post to them:
I would like to transfer out my domain from Force9. This is due to Force9 no longer providing the service I require through: a) loosing my entire website without backup, b) changes to the security of the htaccess option and php and c) recieving no technical help in how to resolve the issues created by force9.

I would therefore like to move my doamin name to php4hosting (IPS-TAG PHP4HOSTING) however I do not understand why I should be charged £45 for doing so.

There response:

Since this was a free domain tied to your account, the proper registration charge is applied as it is transferred out. Without this policy, you must appreciate that the system would be open to abuse.

Please confirm that you accept the fee and we will be happy to transfer to your new registrar.

With regard to your points

a) We would recommend that you keep a backup of any imporatnt files. We apologise if you lost them, unfortunately we have had no request from you (that I can find) to try and retrieve your files, or notification of the issue on your webspace.

b) The old cgi server should be the same as before. The new cgi server has new security improvements.

c) Again, support for the cgi server can be found on our forums. We cannot unfortunately provide scripting advice on our technical support desk.

I take issue with b) as after going through this forum and the messages posted by F9 I was under the impression that all was lost and nothing was recoverable? I interpret the above message as firstly the first case of them apologising and a statement suggesting that if we (all F9 cgi users) had asked for our spaces to be recovered then they would have tried but if you didn't they wouldn't?
N/A

Transfering Domain out.

Hi

Just had a invoice from Nominet for £94 quid...F9 are paying it as part of my £1 month thingy. How come it that price when companies like 1and1 charge 5.98 for 2 years domain renewal?

Regards
slev
Grafter

Transfering Domain out.

If you pay an extra £1 for the domain after 12 months the domain is legal yours and you can transfer this out free of charge, I had the same problem then pointed out I had had the domain for 3 years and paid £1 extra per month for the 3 years.

I did inform them if they were going to " try " and charge the high or any fee to transfer out I would just pay direct to nominet £15 and change the ISP tag myself,

Look into this a bit more those fees are very high and should not be made.

Also make sure when you do transfer out your domain all the contact details are direct to you including the admin / techincal contacts

Regards
N/A

The cost of transfers Ivan

Hi all,

I cannot help thinking that Force9 Plusnet enforce a high transfer out fee (domain transfer) for the following reasons:- 1) its so high so they want to cover any further financial loss 2) And having a high fee would act as a disincentive to the user or holder of the domain to move it 3) they must hate loosing the income/profit to a rival ISP (IMO)

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

Transfering Domain out.

I actually had mine renewed for nothing as my £1 month extra. But I think i should have let it expire and paid 1and1 the 2.99 year and then have F9 host it as another domain name i have.

I received a letter from nominet (printed before they renewed it) wanting £94. Weird that cos its 2.99/year every were else.

Do F9 actually pay that?