cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To max or not to max

N/A

To max or not to max

Hi all.
There's loads of stuff all over AG about maxdsl and it's hard to keep track of the situation.
I've got half decent figures considering I'm in the middle of nowhere and the telephone lines take the scenic route to my house.
D/S att. 52
D/S SNR 27
So I feel the connection will be pretty OK.
What's the feeling of the state of max to date?
cheers
Jon
( felt like starting a " nice" thread instead of a whinge Cheesy )
4 REPLIES
N/A

To max or not to max

Well, on my NewNet connexion and with my stats I would on paper have at least 6.5MB by now.

I've been line training for nearly 4 weeks (should be 10 days) and seen my speeds vary from between 1.1 and 1.8MB!

Personally, until BT sort their end out I wouldn't bother. I am also guessing that the problems BT are causing are going to cripple MetroNet even further - not of their doing this time.

I am 200 metres from the exchange.
N/A

To max or not to max

Hi santos.
That doesn't sound so good. I expected to hear of problems from people with marginal lines but not from when you are so close to the exchange.
Cheers
Jon
N/A

To max or not to max

From what I can gather it is BT not pressing the right buttons and denying that there is a problem. It looks like my line (as well as many others) have not had their line set-up correctly (ie they are still set to 2MB max).

Because the speed I am getting is above a 400KB minimum, they will not even look at the problem!! Trapped.

Lord only knows when my training period will stop but I have not sync'd at less than 8MB yet my line speed is as above (max 1.8MB). I am, of course, chasing my ISP but you can only summise that the situation will get worse before it gets better. Sigh
N/A

To max or not to max

Hi.
Along with you experience This post on AG has made my decision for me
Link
Cheers
Jon

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): BB Code for link fixed for you]