cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three mobile network - check these reviews

N/A

I have spent approximately five hours on the phone to Three's customer service in India over the last few days. It is by far the worst company I have ever come across in my life. I just wanted to warn people in case they get sucked in by this company's slick marketing.

See these reviews here - the people are mostly giving Three a rating of 0 or 1 out of 10.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Ive been with 3 now for two years and so far I have never had any problems with them, I guess you have just been unlucky or I have been really lucky
The_10th
Grafter

... I guess you have just been unlucky or I have been really lucky

Or maybe you haven't used their customer service perhaps?

Indian call centres are a PITA! :x
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well I had a three contract a couple of years ago, the main problem was the piss poor network coverage and battery life of the phones.

I could get a signal and make a call, but got fed up of speaking to people, them telling me I was cutting out and asking me to repeat what I just said. Nearly every single call went along those lines.

The phone (an old Motorola brick) developed the ability to completely drain the battery from fully charged within about 5 minutes of usage after I had it about 5 months (and that's no exaggeration either).

Accidentally pressed the wrong option once on their portal menu once and it started to play a video clip. Cancelled it as soon it came on, but still got charged about 75p. Not best pleased as I don't usually pay for that rubbish like clips and ringtones (and don't want to support rubbish like that by being stitched up either).

Was dreading cancelling since it took someone at work months for them to actually action his cancellation request and stop charging him. At least I had no problems doing that, and the contract was a cashback one - so it cost me next to nothing.

Still general consensus (on uk.telecom.mobile anyway) seems to be that their coverage is better now.

However call centre is likely to be as dreadful as ever, as I find a lot of Indian ones are. So if (like me) you never need to call customer support then I guess you might be OK.
clockley
Grafter

I find the phone and service itself ok, cuts out occasionally, but for the customer services? I have been doing customer services for 8 years now for various ISP's and telecommunications companies, and I am mortified. If they had much better customer services, then I might consider staying, but my contract runs out in two months and I am gone.
N/A

Customer service is what counts in almost any business - we all accept things can go wrong, but its the way that foul-ups are dealt with that wins or loses the day!

I've never used 3 (I've not found anybody recommending them for business deals), but I'm in the process of moving a c£1000/mth contract away from the current holder, purely on the basis of lousy customer service.

Looks like Vodafone here I come....
clockley
Grafter

I can recommend O2 for business. Or at least 3 years ago anyways, haven't needed to use em since.

Carl
N/A

O2 is the network I am keen to get away from. :lol:

Coverage is reported by some of our users as patchy although I've not had problem, and in the main most are happy.

Never used their CS though, our contract is currently via Genesis, whose customer service level has been absolutely atrocious. Incorrect billing thats taken them 12mths to resolve, lousy experience of contacting anybody to get anything done, and on and on! (Don't touch them with a bargepole if you know whats good for you.)