cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This service is bad

cannylad
Grafter

This service is bad

I realise that F9 are trying their best but the speed I am getting from them for £23 is really poor. I don't know if its my modem ( Us Robotics SureConnect 900 ) or the settings as F9 don't know all the answers to the settings the setup requires. Anyone else got one of these modems?
To be honest I'm fed up of trying to get F9 to sort this whole speed problem out.

Eric
--
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: This service is bad,RE-SPEED

> I realise that F9 are trying their best but the speed I am getting from them for £23 is really poor. I don't know if its my modem ( Us Robotics SureConnect 900 ) or the settings as F9 don't know all the answers to the settings the setup requires. Anyone else got one of these modems?
> To be honest I'm fed up of trying to get F9 to sort this whole speed problem out.
>
> Eric
>
> --
>
Hi Eric,

The problem you have is that you need to narrow down what is causing the speed problem. Q1)Is it your hardware i.e.The modem (which it could be?)
Q3)Is it the modem setup & settings

Q4)If you know confidently that its NOT your modem or other hardware that leaves your phone line/Broadband connection (which is divided between the carrier such as BT and F9)Contact BT to check your phone line and F9 your ADSL connectivity and dialup settings etc.

Q5)If its your USB Modem (made by US Robotics)then I would contact by phone,fax or email there support deptment for new driver versions for your system or version of Windows etc. Also ask them what the correct settings are for your device.

Q6)If all the above fails then you know its NOT your fault that speeds are crap.

Ivan

--
N/A

RE: This service is bad

Hi Eric, I assume you are using the term "service" very loosely there....

It's not your fault, I've got a Conexant DSL Access Runner PCI modem & am running Windows XP & the service was fantastic from May till recently. I've changed nothing.

I have many friends all around the UK on various versions of Windows & different modems & when my Force 9 ADSL plays up so do all of theirs - too much of a coincidence eh?

I've even phoned the helpline tonight to register a verbal complaint as I've been home 4 hours & can't get anything to open when connected on ADSL again, this is after the same last night all night. They know there is a problem & are apparently doing something tonight that should solve it - I'm not holding my breath.

Carrie
N/A

> I realise that F9 are trying their best but the speed I am getting from them for £23 is really poor. I don't know if its my modem ( Us Robotics SureConnect 900 ) or the settings as F9 don't know all the answers to the settings the setup requires. Anyone else got one of these modems?
> To be honest I'm fed up of trying to get F9 to sort this whole speed problem out.
>
> Eric
>
> --
> I generally find F9 a good service, yes there has been a speed problem recentantly, but after tonight complete downtime, thing have imporve greatly.

I had ADSL with for them a year now and it has only gone down a couple of time - from talking to friend there service is better than BT and it cheaper !

ADSL modems are often a problem, I use a router which give a much better connection - so you see sometime it your equipement not there service !

N/A

I'd have to agree that there are certain issues with connectivity that are sometimes associated with hardware compatabilty issue such as USB and VIA chipset motherboards.

On the whole though long standing DSL connection problems that customers are aware of should be reported to BT with a view that at the end of their diagnosis we should be looking in to arranging for a BT engineer to visit a custoomers premisses.

We do take connection problems seriously and we hve a valid escalation procedure with Broadband Faults that is fully operational.

Best Regards,

Dave.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +