cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is disgusting

N/A

This is disgusting

Asylum seeker madness

AN asylum seeker jailed for a sex attack on a 76-year-old gran has been awarded £15,000 — because HIS human rights were infringed.

The judge who locked up Abdelkadir Mohammed said he should be deported back to Somalia when he had served his sentence.

When his jail term was up he was remanded in South London’s Wandsworth prison awaiting deportation. But the 29-year-old launched legal action claiming the expulsion breached his human rights because he would face persecution in Somalia as a member of a minority tribe.

The High Court ruled he was RIGHT — and ordered the Home Office to pay him £15,000 damages.

Mohammed, who was given legal aid, was also awarded costs, which could amount to £10,000.

The pervert — now released from detention — arrived in the UK in August 1998 and applied for asylum on November 13 that year. Five days later he committed the sex attack.

He was jailed for three years by Inner London Crown Court. But in November 2000 he successfully appealed against deportation after a tribunal ruled he had a well-founded fear of persecution at home. He launched legal action when he was detained after his sentence ended.

Home Office lawyers admit failing to follow procedures and making errors when opposing a plea for bail.

Mohammed has been told he can stay here because of the political climate in Somalia — but Immigration Officials are monitoring the situation.

A spokesman added: “We would wish to see this man removed from the UK as soon as feasibly possible.”

Tory Home Affairs spokesman Humfrey Malins said: “He’s made a total mockery of our legal system.”

Norman Brennan, of the Victims Against Crime Trust, said: “Asylum seekers who do not behave or abide by our laws should be expelled.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003461069,00.html
19 REPLIES
N/A

This is disgusting

I was under the impression there was some law that said any convicted criminal was not entitled to asylum (or could have the claim summarily dismissed). Something like that, anyway!

Obviously not!
keithcalder
Grafter

This is disgusting

Gees, if he can get compo, I shouldn't have any problems..
N/A

This is disgusting

Terrible story and all but are you sure it contains all the facts? I mean...The Sun :roll:
N/A

This is disgusting

There are two other groups who deserve a mention here, first the blood sucking legal profession who know that there is big bucks to be made by taking on these cases. How I detest these people who will defend any pervert, lowlife or general worthless scum. This practice will never be stopped because these people and others in positions of considerable power make a good living at the expense of Joe Average. The second are the thicker than thick bleeding hearts brigade who cannot tell the difference between a genuine case and a con artist and bend over backwards to help these people. The town I live in has hundreds of these asylum seekers and refugees, and many of them work at the same factory as me. I kid you not that a large percentage of them will happily tell you that they were never in any danger in their homeland, they freely admit that they came here to earn money to send back home, and when they have sent enough they intend to follow it.
N/A

This is disgusting

How I detest these people who will defend any pervert, lowlife or general worthless scum.

Doesn't everyone have the right to a fair trial with proper legal representation?
N/A

This is disgusting

Doesn't everyone have the right to a fair trial with proper legal representation?

Yes, a fair trial. But justice does not come into it, it's all about making money.
Do you imagine that me or you would get the same expensive legal representation. Legal aid is very hard to get for the average citizen nowadays, and I feel sure it would be impossible to obtain in a foriegn country so I could sue their goverment.
So what if he got sent back home and faced any danger, the old folks in this country face now face a bigger danger from him. But never mind, some legal eagle has made a nice packet from this case. Once again Britains legal system has been shown to be controlled by people who stand to gain
If you have the backing of money, or people who can secure public money, or people who stand to make a lot of money, then justice in your favour can be paid for.
Defend yourself against any lowlife trash that tries to harm you, your family or your propety and it's a good bet that they will have a better legal team than you. And why? because there's big money to be made. Justice takes a back seat.
N/A

This is disgusting

One trouble is people don't come with big labels stuck on them saying "I'm lowlife trash out to harm you, your family and your property, all for my own ends" and we're not entitled to jump to conclusions about them because their skin colour is different, or they speak with a foreign accent, or have different customs. We have to find out the hard way. Which means "due process" and the justice system.

Another problem is, because there are people who attempt to cheat the system (ie us, to personalise it), these individuals and their stories are used to tarnish others who are acting properly and have come from genuine need. So we make the step from "here's one who's cheating us" (a reasonably detailed account of the particulars) to "there are many" (in the factory, for example -- less detailed information) which then opens up the way for the final generalisation "they're all a bunch of good-for-nothings" (based on no information at all).

And, as someone pointed out, some papers are masters of this inductive reasoning: because we've found one, and now another, and here a third, -- right! it's obvious: we should be suspicious of all.

But, I agree, if we find individuals abusing the system, they should be told to pack their bags. Unless they've been granted citizenship, in which case, they're our own problem.
N/A

This is disgusting

Check out http://www.hsite.co.uk/edy/docs/asylum.swf it takes a couple of minutes to load and would be very funny - if it were not true ! But it certainly is thought provoking.

Moderators note (John) BB code corrected for you to show url correctly
Community Veteran

This is disgusting

Yes very very funny but as you have rightly said, also sadly very true.
Enoch Powel was correct all those years ago.
N/A

This is disgusting

Did anybody see the drama on Saturday night with Robert Carlyle in the title role as Adolf Hitler?
N/A

This is disgusting

Did anybody see the drama on Saturday night with Robert Carlyle in the title role as Adolf Hitler?

Yes, I did hodgsob. I thought it was excellent in content and in the message. A great drama and fantastic acting by Robert Carlyle. The link provided in the previous post by lest88 underlines the bigotry that seems to prevail over this subject at the present time.

I understand that the UK accepted many asylum seekers from Hitler's Germany. Enoch Powel berated the influx of black immigrants who were needed and invited. The rivers of blood never materialised as he envisaged it.

It now seems that the bigots are at it again. Immigration works and has worked since the dawn of time. As long as there are Hitler's, then there will be people trying to escape to find sanctuary.

I didn't find the link funny, I thought it was a trivial and should appeal to those who have the brain cell of an amoeba.
N/A

This is disgusting

I'd like to say something: The animation shows "assylum seekers" coming in through lorries. It's all rather stereotypical - assylum seekers are those who legitimatley seek asslyum. Immigrants are people who immigrate into this country. Whereas, illegal immigrants are those who come into the country illegally (as the title suggests). There is much confusion between these topics, but they are all very different.
N/A

This is disgusting

The animation shows "assylum seekers" coming in through lorries.

Actually it shows an invasion by land, sea and air. The ending shows a mass exodus of UK citizens leaving to live in America. A country that welcomes immigrants?

Whereas, illegal immigrants are those who come into the country illegally

This is where the confusion arises. An immigrant is one who comes as a permanent resident. The legalities are for the courts to decide. Those who choose to believe everything that the sun newscraper prints are not, thankfully, in the majority and hopefully not sitting on the bench.

Those who fled Nazi Germany were asylum seekers and as such the majority were accepted. Many of them stayed in this country when the threat had ended and became permanent residents. They contributed to the wealth of the UK and still do.

The comparison between the two are indeed confusing for some people to make.
N/A

This is disgusting

Exactly, even I wasn't 100% correct in my definition Smiley