cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cache of homepages is using old files.

Marteknet
Grafter

The cache of homepages is using old files.

The cache of homepages is taking far too long to refresh. I have uploaded via FTP a new index.html file the browser is still collection the old one despite my trying everything to make sure that the new index.html is loaded by the browser.

I have changed my browser setting to refresh every visit, tried F5 and shift F5, deleted the internet temp files folder content, deleted the index.html file on homepages then confirmed that it is no longer there and got a 404 error. I then uploaded the new index.html file and tried to call this from the browser only to find the old file was back.

All this is making development times impossibly long.

Is anyone else having this problem ?
1 REPLY
Marteknet
Grafter

what the hell !

Copy of ticket sent to Force9 via portal.

The cache of homepages is taking far too long to refresh. I have uploaded via FTP a new index.html file the browser is still collection the old one despite my trying everything to make sure that the new index.html is loaded by the browser. I have changed my browser setting to refresh every visit, deleted the internet temp files folder content, deleted the index.html file on homepages then confirmed that it is no longer there and got a 404 error. I then uploaded the new index.html file and tried to call this from the browser only to find the old file was back. Please fix this problem as it is making development times impossibly long.

Here is their silly and totally inadequate reply.
Going to your website works fine, I would recommend using CTRL+F5 to refresh the page fully.

Did they not read my ticket. which part was beyond their understanding ?

A few points that would plain to anyone with even the slightest bit of intelligence are:
1. How the hell would they know if the site was loading the old or the new file.
2. As I have more than one domain how do they know they are accessing the correct one.
3. Pressing CTRL+F5 will achieve nothing at all if the temp internet folder has already had all its contents deleted.
4. They do not seem to give a dam if their hosting and server service isn't working correctly.