N/A

The PC Party are getting their own way again

Why should we be affected by things like this, its ridiculous

Bosses frightened to offend NON-christians
25 REPLIES
N/A

And they wonder why parties like the BNP are becomming popular :roll:

Christmas is a huge part of Britain. You can look at it from two angles, and it doesn’t change either way:
a)Traditionally as Christmas as a religious festival. We’re predominately a Christian country, therefore, shouldn’t we celebrate Christian festivals? I don’t see countries dominated by other religions becoming politically correct and banning their festivals. So why the hell should we?
b) Biggest retail event of the year. A time of spending, of getting off work, of celebrating the new year. All good things!
Community Veteran

Absloutely agree Rob!

What a sad assed state of affairs things are becoming these days. :|
N/A

I always thought that coming to britain regardless of where your from was to become PART of the UK, not to start saying we are offended.

Mind you, my entire family is welsh apart from me (always been the black sheep)

Look at this news story, so it isnt just immigrants that get offended!!
N/A

Being Scottish, I can see the issue some strong nationalist Welsh people might feel towards the union jack - same thing up here with Scotland v Britain.

It's still crazy over a flag, and I'd have hoped that flying both would have satified both camps :S

While on the topic of local authorities/councils getting involved in cultural debates, my local council also seem to think it’s acceptable to celebrate other cultures special events but not Christians. At the main roundabout in my town, there have been several banners up throughout the year celebrating various events (from the Chinese new year to Eid more recently, with both English & 'equivalent' language messages) yet rather than “Merry Christmas” we have the generic “Happy Holidays” banner up. They have done the right thing by celebrating those other religous and cultural holidays/events, but please, can we also celebrate Christmas? I don't pay nearly £300/mo in rates to have other religous and cultural events celebrated, with the largest UK one, which I happen to celebrate, being missed out.
Community Veteran

Most non British or non Christian people aren't offended by Christmas, or Easter, St Georges day or any other festivals. It's just a small band of narrow minded managers, do gooders and polititans that invent these rules. The unfortunate thing is that these PC people seem to encourage racism and recentment which in turm enourages right wing thinking.

I really hate all this PC crap and over compensation for different groups, but I also really hate extreme right politics. Equality for everyone is the way forward if you ask me. Maybe countries like Cuba have got it right.
N/A

The extreme PC crowd encourage the greedy minorities who are looking for ways to make a fast quid.

The extreme PC crowd are creating a form of terrorism which can at some levels share values from the extremist factions within our world.

Imagine if the folks who committed acts such as 7/7 or 9/11 had cottoned on to the fact that they could cause a much greater fear - that of celebrating your chosen religeous festivals?

It would have appeared unthinkable to folks that such a thing could be acheived, and yet we have people in power at all levels making daft decisions which make celebrating our identities impossible.

*goes to allow blood to come off boil*
N/A

Well as my wife has just said when I told her...

FUCK THAT. Im not gonna avoid wishing people happy christmas or bother about being PC. Its my religion and if they cant accept it they need to fuck off back to where they came from. (<-- thats my wife there).

TBH I actually share her feelings. Its going too far now to be funny anymore or even laughed at. Sad
N/A

It is very sad indeed, the white british seem to be the ethnic minority now...even a local shopkeeper who is from india somewhere has the attitude that if the british dont like it, they should leave the country.

I am far from racist, I am jealous of the black culture, because they have far more style than us, sing and dance better than we do. I have indian friends, pakistani email pals, but with all this, its getting very hard to remain impartial
N/A

In the words of Tom's boss [err, wife, sorry Shockedops: ]

Merry Christmas.

N/A

::TINY TIM VOICE::

and god bless us every one!!

::sound of crutch breaking and child falling!!:: :twisted:

lol
N/A

Pass him a claim form to sue from his employer...
N/A

BAH HUMBUG!!!
N/A

Can't have humbugs, they are black and white - you need to mention lemon sherbets too, and toffees, and dolly mixtures, and jelly babies if you want to mention humbugs.

Gotta be equal you know.
N/A

hey now your just being "sweetist" what about savoury products huh!

and NO i didnt call you sweetie! either :lol: