cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The One Month Contract

N/A

The One Month Contract

Who has signed up with the one month contract option?? I have 2 houses and signed up for the £14.99 account for the other house. I payed extra so I can cancell after a month. Sent the cancellation email last night only to wake up to the following email:-

The following comment was added to the ticket Dear Mr$%$%, In order to cancel there will be a one off charge of £83.75 , this is for the defered activation and modem offer, please advise how you wish to proceed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dean Plant

WHAT THE HELL!!!!
7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: The One Month Contract

Who has signed up with the one month contract option?? I have 2 houses and signed up for the £14.99 account for the other house. I payed extra so I can cancell after a month. Sent the cancellation email last night only to wake up to the following email:-

The following comment was added to the ticket Dear Mr$%$%, In order to cancel there will be a one off charge of £83.75 , this is for the defered activation and modem offer, please advise how you wish to proceed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dean Plant

WHAT THE HELL!!!!

The email is correct, when you join, f9 paid bt to have you connected, and as part of the terms and cod which you have with f9, you have signed up to have a defered activation offer, basicly you have to stay with f9 for 5 years to get this free (i think)

Its so f9 can re-coup some of the costs if you leave the service, can i ask, why do you want to cancel? are you having problems, maybe we can help
N/A

The One Month Contract

From what pops1000uk1 said in his post he implies that he paid the activation costs upfront, and did not do deferred activation, tho he does not say it outright.

I payed extra so I can cancell after a month.

regards,

Dan
pops1000uk
Grafter

The One Month Contract

Hi there what I paid is for a 1 month contract so i could cancel after one month.

No I have no problems with the f9 product apart from the capping and shaping of the £14.99 a month package.

I just have this account in my other house which i have used twice in 4 months! I no longer require it.

I paid the £11 odd up front, now they come with this. When I signed up I did look into these terms and CON! dittions and never read about this activation fee crap.

So basically you can’t cancel after one month, I should of just opted for the 12 month package!
N/A

The One Month Contract

I stand corrected... :?
pops1000uk
Grafter

The One Month Contract

well its not clear when signing up!!!!!!! i will look into this im not paying £80
N/A

The One Month Contract

Hi there what I paid is for a 1 month contract so i could cancel after one month.

No I have no problems with the f9 product apart from the capping and shaping of the £14.99 a month package.

I just have this account in my other house which i have used twice in 4 months! I no longer require it.

I paid the £11 odd up front, now they come with this. When I signed up I did look into these terms and CON! dittions and never read about this activation fee crap.

So basically you can’t cancel after one month, I should of just opted for the 12 month package!

The difference is that the £11.95 extra you pay allows you to cancel at any time you like with a months notice where with the annual contract you have to stay for at least a year or pay for what is left of the years contract. Either way, whether on monthly or annual contract, you have to pay for your activation fee and if you selected the USB modem that too when you leave though for every full year with Force 9 the price gets reduced. So the £11.95 upfront you paid for a monthly contract saves you paying the cost of any months not used if you cancel before a year.

The activation fee alone is £58.75 for the first year as I raised a ticket last week asking how much it's gonna cost me to leave and I signed up in August. I'll be getting my MAC key and leaving after the Christmas is over with.
LiamM
Grafter

The One Month Contract

Yes... you can pay thr £11 something to have the ability to cancel at anytime. You are still responsible for the deferred payments that you agree to under the "you stay we pay" scheme which are clearly shown.

Basically you can cancel at any time under the monthly contract, subject to repaying the activation charge and modem charge which f9 paid on your behalf when you joined.