cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The IT Crowd, Coming soon to C4

N/A

Right then,

Has anyone seen the ads for the new TV Series coming to C4? The IT Crowd, which I am assuming is an off spin to the sucessful "The Office". Not exactly sure but I think this is supposed to be based on the same place etc or something but in the IT dept as apposed to the offices.

So who is interested in watching it and who thinks it will be any good?

Lets hear that feedback before its even out :lol:

Regards,
25 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

If it is anything like The Office I, for one won't be watching. I'm willing to give it a go but watching something that looks exactly like real life seems a bit pointless to me. I spend all day working in an office. I don't want to go home and watch other people doing the same thing. Bring back the Goodies, that's what I say :lol:
Denzil
Grafter

Actually, I have just seen a trailer for it and first impressions are quite good. Dylan Moran is in it for a a start, and it looks like it might have a Black Books style surrealism.Gotta be worth a go!
Community Veteran

lol,

With dynamic u turning decisions like that you could get yourself a job here :p
Community Veteran

Did you used to make dynamic u turning decisions then Chris Tongue ;-)
N/A

ROFL,

But Chris, I thought that place didnt do single U turns but rather 3 at once lol.

I reckon it looks good, and its worth a watch to see how it starts out like. Errm 3rd of Feb on C4 if I remember rightly...

Regards,
Community Veteran

Remind me then Tongue I'll forget else!
LiamM
Grafter

Sounds interesting....
Community Veteran

heres the channel4 review of it:

The high-rise towers of Renham Industries are full of go-getters, success stories, and winners... apart from in the basement. While their beautiful colleagues work upstairs in fantastic surroundings, the I.T. department - Jen, Roy and Moss - lurk below ground, scorned by their co-workers as geeky losers.

Starring Chris O´Dowd, Richard Ayoade and Katherine Parkinson, with special appearances by Chris Morris, The I.T. Crowd is the new sitcom from Graham Linehan (Father Ted, Black Books) and producer Ash Atalla (The Office).

The I.T. Crowd begins at 3 Feb 9.30pm on Channel 4 but you can watch the WORLD PREMIERE right here on channel4.com from Jan 27 one week before transmission!

We´ll also be showing all the other episodes first - a week before you can see them on the TV - so sign up today and we´ll tell you when you can tune in.

as it says channel 4 are going to be streaming the episodes a week early on the Channel 4 website, the 1st episode starts this friday. you need to sign up at http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itcrowd/ to see the broadcasts
Community Veteran

Just watched it on the channel 4 site and its really funny but the canned laughter does seem to be a wee bit OTT! however looks like it going to be a great series! and the quality is very good but it will nearly max out your 2meg connections for me its running at about 1900 Kbps

you can see it at http://www.channel4.com/player/playerwindow.html?id=2511&vert=entertainment
Community Veteran

If you aint watched it on the internet yet then don't forget to check it out tonight!
Community Veteran

Which reminds me - the next installment is already available online...
Community Veteran

yes it is, I am trying to watch it in college but the lecturer is watching me, will see it on the double bill tonight!
Community Veteran

My tutor knows I'm forever on here or plusnetters (he's not cottoned on to SCR yet) so when he see's it he closes it!
LiamM
Grafter

At least your college let you on here. Forums were blocked at my college. Though some worked, Plusnet didnt. Webmail wasn't allowed either. Hotmail was blocked etc....