cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks TASK!!

N/A

Thanks TASK!!

Hi..Just wanted to say a massive thanks to Task for sticking around for at least 4 days and helping me to get the connection sharing problem sorted out..He's done everything in his power to help and at last we've done it so thanks TASK!!! Smiley
Cath..Madsonic
3 REPLIES
N/A

Thanks TASK!!

Shockedops: Embarrassing!

Yes, unexpectedly, a bit of a marathon. The ADSL modem wasn't providing any option to enable ICS: the ICF option was present on the "advanced properties" page, but not ICS. And it wasn't possible to get both the modem and the Ethernet adapter active at the same time; one or the other was fine, but not both.

Then, Cath / "madsonic" let slip that her "significant other" (known to us only by the codename, "Heinz"), evidently realising I'd be absolutely useless, had taken the precaution of sneakily acquiring a new ADSL device, capable of either USB or Ethernet connection (a Creative Broadband Blaster, if anyone's interested). At first, it seemed this was going the same way, but then (all of a sudden, and obviously helped by a few "lols" and suitable emoticons on the messenger service) the required ICS property options appeared and both the modem and network adapter became active at the same time. Within a matter of minutes, the settings had been tweaked and a huge DONE IT!!!!!! and a line of "rofl" emoticons on the screen announced everything had burst into life.

Anyway, so it was the old story of seemingly getting nowhere for ages, and beginning(?) to wonder what else can be tried, when, all of a sudden, the breakthrough comes and the solution emerges out of the blue. And, rather modestly, Cath / "madsonic" makes no reference to her own and "Heinz's" thoroughly entertaining online presence which provides more than ample compensation to any helper!

So, folks, it's official: if you want a great fun afternoon, it's well worth responding if "madsonic" asks for help. Jump in, for you won't regret it!

Oh, and you might even get a game of backgammon Wink
N/A

Hi..

You are such a darlin!..Talk to you on the messenger ok..Been trying to catch up with my ladies so i haven't had the time to get on..It took all of my time getting that done..lol.And yours too!..If there's one guy in this forum people can rely on it's you, you were so patient with me and this flippin puter too..lol..Take care ok!
Cath..Madsonic
N/A

Thanks TASK!!

Well, "sonic" this is a novelty!

Normally, a couple of days after helping someone, they're pounding on the door complaining loudly: "It's stopped working again. You've made it worse than it ever was. This is your fault, so what are you going to do about it?" So I don't understand this!

Never mind! Tomorrow things may revert to form! :twisted: