cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone Compatability?

N/A

Telephone Compatability?

Having recently just found Force9 and immediately ordering their ADSL service, I have found the whole process to be simple, straight forward and very good. Broadband is great!

I have one slight problem though, when my PC is off, and therefore adsl is disconnected, I get a lot of interference on the telephone line. Whirring etc. I have BT Diverse DECT telephones (1 base unit & 1 handset).

When the PC is on and connected the phones are fine.

Anyone got any suggestions as to cause/cure? Apart from keeping pc on all the time!!
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Telephone Compatability?

> I have one slight problem though, when my PC is off, and therefore adsl is disconnected, I get a lot of interference on the telephone line. Whirring etc. I have BT Diverse DECT telephones (1 base unit & 1 handset).

Have you checked / tried swapping the splitters in each phone socket?

N/A

> Having recently just found Force9 and immediately ordering their ADSL service, I have found the whole process to be simple, straight forward and very good. Broadband is great!
>
> I have one slight problem though, when my PC is off, and therefore adsl is disconnected, I get a lot of interference on the telephone line. Whirring etc. I have BT Diverse DECT telephones (1 base unit & 1 handset).
>
> When the PC is on and connected the phones are fine.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions as to cause/cure? Apart from keeping pc on all the time!!

Hi,
Why dont you leave the machine on 24/7 I do and there is no problem with this. A PC left switched on in this way uses a tiny amount of electricty especially if the machine can be put into energy saving mode too. PC's operate far better if left on 24/7 as they adjust to the correct optimal working temperature. The only caution needed would be a surg & spike plug or power strip to add extra safety to the mains supply. ADSL works better too under these conditions in my humble opinion.

--
N/A

Thanks for sugestions. I have tried both of those but don't really want to leave PC on all the time.

I would be interested to hear what Force9 could suggest!

Ian
N/A

> I would be interested to hear what Force9 could suggest!

Well, we don't monitor this forum normally and so if you are lookign for a repsonse from us you should ask in the F9 forum (Or via Contact Us).

This does sound like a splitter problem, perhaps you could try swapping this out for a new one and seeing if it made any difference. Otherwise your only recourse will be to contact BT, as the problem here lies with the voice side of your telephone, not your ADSL connection.

Regards,

Ian Wild
F9 Customer Support