cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxi Fares OR Air Fares???

N/A

Taxi Fares OR Air Fares???

In today's Eveneing Standard Page 10 17th Dec, there is an article about the increase of London Taxi Fares. Night Fares have increased by up to 40%!!
The LTDA (London Taxi Drivers Association) and TFL (Transport for London) who set the fares, have a dug their own and the taxi drivers' graves for themselves. Londoners and tourists won't tolerate a hike in fares of that much and will turn to mini-cabs instead, giving them a field day.
Some Taxi drivers might think they'll get a better living from the increased fares. I doubt it, as their taxis will be empty for more time each day than before, whilst Londoners and tourist and businesses turn to minicabs. I suspect we will see quite a few yellow "For Hire" lights on in the future. After that a decrease in Black Taxis, as drivers can no longer afford to run them.

The answer?? The black taxi manufacturers must reduce their ridiculous purchase price for a new black taxi, then the trade might be more viable.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Taxi Fares OR Air Fares???

Did I miss something or did this thread appear by magic... whats this doing here?

> In today's Eveneing Standard Page 10 17th Dec, there is an article about the increase of London Taxi Fares. Night Fares have increased by up to 40%!!
> The LTDA (London Taxi Drivers Association) and TFL (Transport for London) who set the fares, have a dug their own and the taxi drivers' graves for themselves. Londoners and tourists won't tolerate a hike in fares of that much and will turn to mini-cabs instead, giving them a field day.
> Some Taxi drivers might think they'll get a better living from the increased fares. I doubt it, as their taxis will be empty for more time each day than before, whilst Londoners and tourist and businesses turn to minicabs. I suspect we will see quite a few yellow "For Hire" lights on in the future. After that a decrease in Black Taxis, as drivers can no longer afford to run them.
>
> The answer?? The black taxi manufacturers must reduce their ridiculous purchase price for a new black taxi, then the trade might be more viable.