cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subdomains - how? Or, help a thicky ;-)

N/A

Hi there,

First off, this is in the CGI forum as I see a lot of posts here about using domain admin, so I guess this is the most relevant place.

I would like to set up a couple of subdomains on my Force9 account, i.e. coupe.kingscott.f9.co.uk, money.kingscott.f9.co.uk - can I do this? I would host the content in two folders under my httpdocs...

And to keep this on topic: If I wanted just my home page to a CGI blog, how would I set that up? I have a mixture of static and (potentially) dynamic pages, and I'm told it's bad form (or wasteful) to have static pages on a CGI server, so pointing all of my website (mostly static) onto a CGI server is a bit of a waste...

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Mike K.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Has no one out their got any answers for this chap? Would be interested to know myself.

Also - bad form or not, I think most people would agree to shoving your entire site on the CGI space rather than messing around with two lots of code (which is what I do and its a pain - just looking at moving it all across now). It depends on your site though, theCGI severs would probably bog down if everyone did this though and perhaps your site may run a tad slower - webspace is geared for serving just html and will therefore be quicker (i guess!).

C.
N/A

Hi there,

Datafuse, I had to open a Contact Us ticket for an answer, and got one: I can't point my default (if you will) domain to a subdomain, i.e. www.kingscott.f9.co.uk cannot be pointed at coupe.kingscott.f9.co.uk. I will have to obtain a domain and use the Domain Mgmt tool to set up subdomains.

HTH,

Mike K.