cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaing video

N/A

Streaing video

Im trying to view a video on the net. The choices I get are 56k and 300k. I choose 300k becasue I have ADSL. It plays then stops for a few seconds then plays again and so on. This is really irritating as I thought ADSL would be more than capable of handling this or am I wrong?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Streaing video REPLY

> Im trying to view a video on the net. The choices I get are 56k and 300k. I choose 300k becasue I have ADSL. It plays then stops for a few seconds then plays again and so on. This is really irritating as I thought ADSL would be more than capable of handling this or am I wrong?

Hi,
Streaming video over the internet is highly variable due to many factors. 1)where in the world the server you are connecting to is 2)what kind of internet pipes (backbone)the data has to travel accross 3)the amount of so called latency (drag)in the data connections or packet loss. This is just a few of the factors. Finally your timing is unfortunate as I think BT & F9 are still have remaining promblems with bandwidth for some customers. My ADSL bandwidth is still very poor and if you are experiencing the same kind of performace issues as myself then that would go along way to explianing why the streaming video is so slow & poor quality. Yes!you should be able to view video over the web under good conditions and when the bandwidth is at its correct level.

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: Streaing video REPLY

> > Im trying to view a video on the net. The choices I get are 56k and 300k. I choose 300k becasue I have ADSL. It plays then stops for a few seconds then plays again and so on. This is really irritating as I thought ADSL would be more than capable of handling this or am I wrong?
>
> Hi,
> Streaming video over the internet is highly variable due to many factors. 1)where in the world the server you are connecting to is 2)what kind of internet pipes (backbone)the data has to travel accross 3)the amount of so called latency (drag)in the data connections or packet loss. This is just a few of the factors. Finally your timing is unfortunate as I think BT & F9 are still have remaining promblems with bandwidth for some customers. My ADSL bandwidth is still very poor and if you are experiencing the same kind of performace issues as myself then that would go along way to explianing why the streaming video is so slow & poor quality. Yes!you should be able to view video over the web under good conditions and when the bandwidth is at its correct level.
>
> Best Regards
> Ivan
>
>
>
>
> --
> Ivan

Thanks for that. Looks like I will just have to just sit back and wait for BT and F9 to sort themselves out.