cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop whinging!!

N/A

Stop whinging!!

For those of you that are whinging for hours on end about maybe losing sync every now and then or how rubbish a particular tv program is or some other useless tripe, spare a moment to think is it actually worth it.

Having just come back from bits of asia that are in absurd levels of poverty, you don't know how good you have it. So stop moaning about stupid things and get real! You do actually have it far better than most other people on the planet.

I'll stop whinging now for fear of contradicting myself, I just wanted to make the point.
22 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Stop whinging!!

Was your post worth the effort? Why not take up Mother Teresa's mantle, go back to where you've just been and live out your concern?
N/A

Stop whinging!!

You raise a fair point - and I'm not saying I can cure it either but just seeing people moaning about things which really are - in the grand scheme of things - pretty minor just seems a bit absurd.

And I dare say I'll be back doing the same whinging everyone else does in a few months so feel free to shoot me down then when I do.
N/A

Stop whinging!!

I can see your point, but if people pay good money for something, they are more than entitled to receive it!
If they don't receive it, they are welcome to complain about it, ask for help resolving it etc etc.

Where have you been to? Did you see/do anything interesting there?
Alecto
Grafter

Stop whinging!!

I suspect that what chris means is that we should keep things in perspective. It's not the end of the world if your broadband link keeps dropping out - but then it IS quite a bummer and needs sorting.

More relevant, I find the way in which people complain more of a problem.
Some (though thankfully not many) seem to think that they have a right to be aggressive and abusive, and even dafter, think that this will make people want to help them!!

But then there's nowt so queer as folk.

:lol:
N/A

Stop whinging!!

P'raps we're just brung up better in Yorkshire!

I certainly agree that there is a right way and a wrong way to either complain, or ask for help, and its tricky sometimes to see past the anger and get to the root of the problem.

Isn't perspective when everything looks smaller because its further away? If so, that make me the biggest, and therefore the most important thing!

A general rant every now and then is good for the soul though!

A random enough collection of sentences which appear coherant indivually, but which I've rendered completely nonesensical by combining them., Hopefully you can see the humorous bits and the heartfelt bits and tell them apart!
N/A

Stop whinging!!

Eat all yer carrots, there's people starving in Africa...

Don't whinge about yer service, there's people in asia living in poverty...

The two issues arn't connected. With this logic I'll never be able to express dissatisfaction with anything ever again. Good way to feel morally superior tho'
N/A

Stop whinging!!

Don't complain if its raining, there are places with a drought.

Don't complain about the heat, some places its even hotter. Wink

I do always think its worth sparing a thought for those less fortunate than ourselves, and whilst I have the (un/fortunate?) habit of making light of lots of things, it is a serious point, and one worth raising periodically.

That said, the way this country is going, I do feel that my nephew is far less fortunate than I was in many ways (think, playing out till all hours in the knowledge we were more or less safe etc), and I know who'll be most prevalent in my thoughts.
N/A

Stop whinging!!

Yup, I wasn't advocating not sparing a thought for those less fortunate situations, or perhaps even better getting up off our arses and do something about it on occasion. We all become better people for doing stuff like that.

But we can still complain about some shoddy service, or some other niggle: it doesn't logically determine you couldn't possibly be sparing thoughts and actions for others if you do so. That's a pretty arrogant assumption.

Yes, proportion and perspective is good. Go out in the back garden and look at the stars, or a cloud, or children playing - that will often restore it.

Bludgeoning us over the head with some guilt trip betrays more about the posters sense of self rightousness than anything about anyone elses sensibilities.
N/A

Stop whinging!!

Wow, censored - read 'back sides' then.
N/A

Stop whinging!!

LOL: I'd guessed thats what was meant anyhow!
Community Veteran

Stop whinging!!

@chris3879
It's hard to get it across without sounding overly moralistic, or hypocritical isn't it. Ah well I see where you are coming from chris. Wink
N/A

Stop whinging!!

What I can't understand is why the post made by Chris has not been stamped on by the forum mods for trolling: are there double standards at work here I wonder?
Alecto
Grafter

Stop whinging!!

John, are you trying to be controversialHuh?? :lol:
N/A

Stop whinging!!

Not really Geoff, just trying to establish if one rule applies to some and another to others. Wink