cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sticky Web Pages

N/A

Sticky Web Pages

When dpwnloading web pages I get a screen full in about 4-5 seconds, not particularly fast, but the page seems to stick for about another 10-15 seconds before the selection hand is useable or the page down scoll is useable and the page is then fully downloaded. This slows down considerably any so called SPEED benefit of ADSL.

Does anyone else got this or have any idea what may be the solution to this problem.
Puzzled!

--
Frustrated Walter
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Sticky Web Pages

> When dpwnloading web pages I get a screen full in about 4-5 seconds, not particularly fast, but the page seems to stick for about another 10-15 seconds before the selection hand is useable or the page down scoll is useable and the page is then fully downloaded. This slows down considerably any so called SPEED benefit of ADSL.
>
> Does anyone else got this or have any idea what may be the solution to this problem.
> Puzzled!
>
>
> --
> Frustrated Walter

Walter,

what about other connectivities? are you getting decent FTP's / net downloads?

Could be error ressolutions; try to ping the host server and look for data loss % higher than 0!

Other options; get fully up to date with all fixes / patches / drivers / virus definitions / Windows update etc...
N/A

Thanks Douglas,
Virus, drivers etc all OK.
The problem seems to have been my venture into wireless networking and changing all the configurations to get it to work, (not 100%).
Have since uninstalled most of it to get my internet working again and the problem is now not sticking before the end of the page but simply falling asleep before the page has started.

Must try harder!

>
> Other options; get fully up to date with all fixes / patches / drivers / virus definitions / Windows update etc...

--
Walter
N/A

Error, ie Thanks Peter!