cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stickers

N/A

Stickers

I know someone on here has dealings with or knows about car stickers...

Specifically one sticker I would like, know that exists but have not seen it anywhere.

Now that a lot of people in my area know me and my car with the voluntary work, with the equipment i carry in it, I wondered if anyone knew where I could get a small sticker with this below written on it

"Vehicle Contains No Medical Supplies"

or something to that effect, just thought it might be less tempting, i have one that shows me carrying an O2 cylinder, and ESPECIALLY atm people can see the case with my medical stuff in it, but maybe if I put a sticker up saying the above, it might be less tempting to break in?Huh
12 REPLIES
N/A

Stickers

Hi, Rob have had a good look for you and can't find anyone selling individual stickers just quantities of 100+.

You could just opo into the local police station and ask if they have one of those " No valuables or tools left in this vehicle overnight" stickers.

Some police forces were handing them out for free, you may get lucky and get one.

This reminds me of a true story I read a few years ago.

This guy lived in an area with high crime rate, so parks his car on the street, with a note on the dashboard that in Large black letters reads "No valuables in this car".
He comes back the next morning, and his passenger side window is smashed, and another note on his dash reads "Just checking! ".
Just so Ironic!
N/A

Stickers

Oni, it needs to be medicines, because unfortunately, there are valuables in teh car lol....cannot afford to replace a £2000 defib lol, I am just thinking of, well you know what this island is like for drugs...peeps might see jackets, connect with medical, then connect with medicine..

nice thought tho, thanks mate
Community Veteran

Stickers

Can I suggest leaving a Defib in the car overnight is not the best idea, as we are coming into winter.

As the overnight temperature drops below freezing, this can adversely affect the capacity and internal resistance of the battery, causing problems/failure when the Defib comes to charge.

Also the temperature changes from a damp freezing car to a warn room can cause condensation to form within the Defib, causing even more problems. Such as drift within the high sensitivity ECG circuit. And arcing/tracking in the high voltage circuits.

Chilly
N/A

Stickers

defib has to be left in car due to rushing out after getting a call, wont have any probs with condensation, its class means it can work in up to 2" of water, so no probs there, and the battery lasts for 5 years also
Community Veteran

Stickers

I have a LOT of experience with electronic medical equipment and have seen many a problem, with equipment fresh out of cars on a winter’s morning.

The classic was the sales rep, with the next best thing since sliced bread, first thing on a winter’s morning. They would bring it to the Medical Engineering department to be checked. As you took it from them your hands would freeze to it, you switched it on only to be meet with error codes.

I also still remember having to scrap a defib, because one of the senior ambulance men left it in the boot of their car when they used a pressure washer to clean it.
The boot leaked and water got inside the defib. After much debate and a risk assessment it was decided that the unit could no longer be trusted. And this was in the days a basic monophasic manual debif cost £5000

I accept that is should be OK, but are you prepared to take the risk.

Chilly
N/A

Stickers

the error codes are fairly easy to sort on this one, nine times out of ten its just a soft reset it needs, but its been in my boot for about 14 months with no problems, I do appreciate the concern though, and thanks for taking the time to write it out
N/A

Stickers

You could just go to any decent car garage type shoppy (you can tell I dont drive lol) and buy just letter decals. Buy the letters you need and get it labelled on straight and your sorted.

I bought some decals for my pccase but I cant remember for the life of me where I got them. They use to sell all sorts of decals aswell.

I will have a check through my emails..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go
http://stickers.signprint.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=197_176

Just get them to make something custom for you there.
Community Veteran

Stickers

Or surely they do inkjet kits for car stickers now, thye do for everything else...
N/A

Stickers

now that WOULD be handy
LiamM
Grafter

Stickers

N/A

Stickers

thanks Liam, takin a look
Denzil
Grafter

Stickers

Another suggestion - just print your desired wording on paper, laminate it, crop it then stick to the inside of the glass with double sided tape.