cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spelling and grammar in chat

N/A

I'm very new to this chat room idea, but i see no reason why everyone cannot use the English language as it is meant to be used. The spelling and grammar of some of the correspondants has been atrocious. What do you think? Does the advent of TXT Speak and e-mail mean the demise of the English language. Should we acept foreign intrusions into our everyday speech, or should we mount a spirited defence of our traditional language?

Let me know!
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Huh! dunno wat u talkin bout tbh?

L8rz!

Tongue :lol:

*EDIT* By the way, seeing as you have started a topic and entitled it "Spelling and grammar in chat", then perhaps you could have at least checked your spelling and grammar within your initial post! Tongue Wink
N/A

Re: Spelling and grammar in chat

I'm very new to this chat room idea, but i see no reason why everyone cannot use the English language as it is meant to be used. The spelling and grammar of some of the correspondants has been atrocious. What do you think? Does the advent of TXT Speak and e-mail mean the demise of the English language. Should we acept foreign intrusions into our everyday speech, or should we mount a spirited defence of our traditional language?

Let me know!

You know I do agree with you.
N/A

L8rz!

:lol: :lol:
Community Veteran

Argh! chrisofcov, you posted while I was editing! :lol:
Community Veteran

By the way welcome hcraig Smiley

Don't take it seriously, we are just messing with you! Wink
N/A

:lol: - Sorry Ian - Shockedops:
N/A

grammar

Hi ,
You're right, I should check my spelling etc. Still don't know if you'll even see tis message.

L8rz!

*EDIT* By the way, seeing as you have started a topic and entitled it "Spelling and grammar in chat", then perhaps you could have at least checked your spelling and grammar within your initial post! Tongue Wink
N/A

[Help,
how can I reply to you without quoting your message?
N/A

Just click the Post Reply button below the last post.
N/A

Re: grammar

Hi ,
You're right, I should check my spelling etc. Still don't know if you'll even see tis message.
Hi Seventhstar,
I think I need some instruction in the use of the e-mail chat thing
Help me out if you can,
cheers
hc
N/A

So am I now just replying to the last post, or can I reply in person to anyone I want?
N/A

Lesson One :- Put the bottle down.

Lesson Two :- Click on "Post Reply"

Lesson Three :- Type the letters of the words you wish to say in the correct order.

Lesson Four :- Proof read what you have just typed and correct any spelling or grammar mistakes you may have made.

Lesson Five :- Click on Submit.

That concludes the using a PHP Bulletin Board lesson.

Wink
N/A

So am I now just replying to the last post, or can I reply in person to anyone I want?

Yes you can reply to the thread by just using Post Reply - or use the quote feature to reply to a person like so.
N/A

Thank you Chris of,
not sure I know wot you meen bout doin it rite. but i try, rite?