cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

N/A

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

Hi,

Been checking my router settings regularly because the BT list said my exchange would be updated by the end of April, and lo and behold, yesterday (Fri 29th) my down changed to 2272Kps from 496(or somewhere about). Happy I was Smiley

But, I can't seem to download anything any quicker. Did some driver files, they came down at 40k, did some pictures, same, did the speed test, got it around the 470 mark. Can't seem to get it to the 2mb dl rate.

Checked again this morning as I know the exchange may need a reset, which apprarently happens at 4am. Also rebooted my router, still no change.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Cheers
7 REPLIES
okmbok
Grafter

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

Atleast ur line has been upgraded! Shocked

My exchange should have been upgraded in April too...But my router shows the same Cry

Is there any way of finding out with BT what is going on ?Huh
slev
Grafter

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

Hi
But, I can't seem to download anything any quicker. Did some driver files, they came down at 40k, did some pictures, same, did the speed test, got it around the 470 mark. Can't seem to get it to the 2mb dl rate.

Checked again this morning as I know the exchange may need a reset, which apprarently happens at 4am. Also rebooted my router, still no change.

Once BT have upgraded your line speed Plusnet ( F9 ) need to change your account details at their end to enable the faster speeds.

A quick call to the Cs department can sort this for you or raise a Contact Us ticket.

Is there any way of finding out with BT what is going on ?Huh

There is currently no way of going through BT concerning your line speed, F9 are notified by BT if your line re-grade has been done or has failed.

It maybe the case that BT have not done your re-grade yet or your line may of failed, try asking the CS department.

Kind Regards

Ian
N/A

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

How did you find out when your echange was being upgraded? Is there a list somewhere?

Thanks
Anthony
slev
Grafter

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

Hi

BT Released a list which you can see HERE
As this list is from BT it is subject to change but gives you an idea.

Kind Regards

Ian
N/A

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

According to the list, my exchange has been done, last month

WWPYTH py-adsl-101 April 05

I have not seen any increase in speed.

Any comments from F9 would be appreciated.
slev
Grafter

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

Hi

If you do a search of that list your exchange is also listed in May and June so it could be also on one of those dates. ( exchange WWPYTH ) there is no way of knowing which DSLAM your are on.

Kind Regards

Ian
N/A

Speed Upgraded to 2mb

I went on BTs website and put my phone number in. According to BT my exchange can provide upto 2Mb, I'm sure it didn't say this last month. However my router still connects as 512K.

Might be worth checking BTs site to see what it says for your tel number.

Anthony