cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam - outlook plug-in?

N/A

Spam - outlook plug-in?

Hi

I have just started to receive various items of spam over the last few months (I count myself fortunate it had not started years before!) and have noticed when viewing the source of the messages that most of them actually say they have been blacklisted by SpamCop etc etc.

Is there anyway I can make use of this info in the source to bin the offenders straight away? If anyone knows of a add-on to outlook or another method I would be grateful if you could place a link on this thread. I

'm not particularly keen to by an all out package like Norton, just a single add on will suit me! Some F9 account have spam included, but this account has yet to benefit from the rollout.

Many thanks

Christian.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Spam

Hello,

As far as Outlook or Outlook Express goes I'm not aware that there exsists any plug-ins that will detect emails as spam. (But if anyone else knows better? then I'd also be interested too). The only other solution I could suggest would be to download a free copy of the highly aclaimed "Mailwasher" program this is an excellent anti-spamming tool which will allow a user to blacklist spam,junk and virus ridden mail and to quickly delete such mail off the server itself (so you never receive the offending rubbish) and it has a friends list for those people you do wish to continue receiving legitimate mail from.

URL as follows http://www.mailwasher.net/

**I use Mailwasher Pro with Outlook and it works fine too

Best Regards Ivan
N/A

Spam - outlook plug-in?

Hi Ivan

Thanks for your reply, I'll check it out.

C.
N/A

Cloudmark Spamnet

check this out - its amazing www.cloudmark.com - ive been using it for two years; it picks up nearly all spam (approx 99.9%) and hasn't once got a false-positive. Amazing - and only $19 for a year !!!
N/A

Spam - outlook plug-in?

Outlook 2003 does have a junk e-mail feature built it.

Yes Cloudmark is good as well, I use Spamfighter which works along the same kind of lines.

Aaron
N/A

Spam - outlook plug-in?

Thanks for all your replies.

Typically, in the end I have opted for something different! I downloaded and installed SpamPal, mostly because it was free.

I did not like the sound of Mailwasher in that it appeared to suggest you are required to run Mailwasher prior to checking your emails - this seem a little like too much work to do regularly!

Cloudmark looked pretty nice and seems to integrate well with Outlook Express but was fee paying (though it is not a large expense by any means).

Now Spampal does take a little while extra to process each individual email. I have set to only check SpamCop blacklist at the moment and each email takes an extra 7-8 secs download. So bit of a delay (but not much).

Now thanks for mentioning Outlook, I had a look at it and it actually does EXACTLY what I want! Which was simply to check the headers of a message for the presence of a blackisting tag. Why? Well I noticed in the Spam I receive that it has clearly already been passed through a spam checker (F9's I suppose). EG "x-open-relay: 222.65.102.75 is in a black list at bl.spamcop.ne". Using Outlook 2003 I can scan the headers looking for 'blacklist' etc and then move the offender to a folder.

It takes no extra time and does not cost anything! Shame I cannot do the same in Outlook Express, there is a long way around, but not sure If I want to flex my ancient C skills to obtain it!

Thanks again to all!

Christian
N/A

Spam - outlook plug-in?

SpamFighter is free for home use by the way :-)

Aaron