cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Title

Community Veteran

Song Title

Here's a test for your memory on song titles.
I've been trying to locate a song that I was pretty certain was called Car57 or Car something anyway.
Again I think its from around the 70's

Its about a Birmingham Cabby that is being sent to the address of his girl that has ditched him and he is pleading with the control not to send him.
Ive tried internet searches using the name car and all sorts of other numbers but can find nothing which I find odd.

Anybody know what the real name was for this song?
6 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Song Title

Hi John
That brings back memories Cheesy and if memory serves correctly the band were Driver 67and the title was Car 67 / Communications Breakdown

I believe you can still buy it online if you look it up under the title and 70`s music

Bill.
Community Veteran

Song Title

Community Veteran

Song Title

Wonderful Cool
What power these forums have
Spot on with the group and title Bill Cheesy

Tried the link that you gave Peter but that takes me to a page that says I dont have the required permissions first and then another link that takes me to what seems the correct place but that ones not listed.

Anyway Ive managed to download a copy of it once I had the correct name so I can clearly remember now just what an awful song it was Sad

Never mind it was my missus that was asking me if I could find it :?
vic_newey
Grafter

Song Title

Never mind it was my missus that was asking me if I could find it :?

A likely story

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote tags fixed for you. Smiley
Community Veteran

Song Title

Honest it was. Sad
It got mentioned to her by a friend in the pub and she asked me if I knew the song. I thought I did but couldn't locate it.
It then became a bit of a challenge as we could both recall the thing but couldn't find it.
So I thought why not try the forums, and yes the Plusnet community has come up trumps. She can report back now to her drinking mates and appear to be knowledgeable Cheesy
holdtight
Grafter

Song Title

I can clearly remember now just what an awful song it was Sad

The word i used for the song was dire absolutely dire but glad i could help
you and your wife John

Happy new year !

Bill.