cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solwise SAR110 ADSL Router, any good?

jfrank
Grafter

I am after a decent Router so I can get rid of my USB Modem. Is the Solwise SAR110 ADSL Router A good option? Since F9 have quite a few docs on it, I thought I would try it... But I would be grateful of anyones views on it.

Cheers,

J.

:shock:
5 REPLIES
jfrank
Grafter

To add to what I posted....

I noticed that the 110 seems to have been superseded by the 130, does anyone use this?

I found a bit in a review that scares me:

" Some Game Players May Run Into Problems.
This is the only problem we encountered, when trying to refresh a large number of servers, 2400 for this test. The SAR110 would just give up and die at around 4% of the list updated ".

Is this still an issue?

Cheers,

J.

:shock:
N/A

I believe you're right about the 110 having been updated by the 130. Apparently the functionality of the 130 is presently equivalent to that of the 110 but is expected to exceed it in the future. If you have a choice of the two, the 130 would seem to be the one to go for.

I don't have a Solwise router at all, but the company enjoys a good reputation for its products and support, and the 110 was instrumental in helping build that.
jfrank
Grafter

Umm

Thanks for reply....

Do routers rely on some kind of buffer memory? If they do, can it limit their use if the built in memory is low? Basically I want to get rid of my USB modem (adapter) and use the Network card with a router. I mainly use the connection for WWW, FTP and Multiplayer games, I was also thinking of upping the ADSL to 1mb.

Any suggestions on which router to go for would be savoured....
jfrank
Grafter

jst to finish up the thread...

I bought a Solwise SAR130, and it does the job excellently. MUCH better than the USB modem I had.

Rock solid, buy one!
N/A

The SAR130 is a brilliant router, I've had one since october when I upgraded to ADSL. I had initial problems but these were soon resolved by Solwise, as it was a bug in the firmware. The October firmware works brilliantly. The only times I've had disconnections or had to reset my box, is when f9 have had problems and done upgrades etc or I've stuffed up the configuration settings on the firewall.

I use a network at home, and when on net I can download as well as upload and play online rgp's without any problems

so if you can get one, get one

regards
Mike