Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks html e-drawing on website

N/A

Hi

I have Solidworks 2005 3D CAD software.

Has anybody ever shown a HTML e-drawing on their website hosted by Force9?

The html page works on my local drive, when I upload to my webspace it doesn't work. any ideas?

regards
5 REPLIES
Marteknet
Grafter

Have you tried converting it to vrml
see http://cgi.martek-net.co.uk/php-bin/martek/index.php?mainlocation=vrproducts for examples of 3D Max conversions.
N/A

Solidworks CAD images on a webpage

Hi mchome,

I have a feeling that the problem with showing e drawings within an HTML page and within a web browser is that solidworks might require some sort of extra plugin for the browser to view an image or it might need some sort of extra software like a viewer installed. I'd contact the software makers and ask them if this is the case.

Dont forget unless solid works actually claim that their images (2D or 3D will display without any extra plugin's etc) will work within ordinary HTML Pages then I would always assume the opposite. Another thought I have is that you might find that some broswers will support solidworks file extensions & perhaps some wont? and of course that might make all the difference to you.

Ivan
Marteknet
Grafter

Re: Solidworks html e-drawing on website

Hi
The html page works on my local drive, when I upload to my webspace it doesn't work. any ideas?

Application Programming Interface. The eDrawings Application Programming Interface (API) is an OLE programming interface to eDrawings and is implemented as a Microsoft ActiveX control. You can use the eDrawings API to customize the eDrawings Viewer, create interactive web pages, and translate files. The API contains functions that you can call from Visual Basic (VB), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VB.NET, C++, and C#. These functions provide direct access to the eDrawings environment.

To obtain the eDrawings API Software Development Kit (SDK), which contains sample code and the eDrawings API Help, contact API Support at apisupport@eDrawingsViewer.com.
N/A

Solidworks & API

Hi martek

Your reply to the above is very good but you assume a person who has programming knowledge and NOT all of us do!! so this might not be a go'err after all?

Ivan Cool
Marteknet
Grafter

Yes you are rigth, Sorry about that, It's thats a very good point and i was silly to overlook it.