cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, what's the March budget done to/for you?

N/A

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4351777.stm

Well, as normal, I've gained nothing from the budget. I just wondered how others had faired.

(That said I'm not any worse off). :roll:
9 REPLIES
N/A

not really going to affected me, petrol tax been frozen is great news.. 1p on beer is not to much to worry about either Cheesy
csogilvie
Grafter

Well, the key points won't affect me unless I decide to buy a house given that I don't drink or smoke. :lol:

I heard one comment on the news that it was a Budget to win fringe votes around.
Alecto
Grafter

His main vote-catcher was the rebate of £14.99 for broadband users on 1Mb and 2Mb to allow them to downgrade to the 33Gb FUP package.
I didn't actually see it, but I'm sure he'd offer it if you promised to vote labour.
:lol:
N/A

This is the first budget that I seem to have gained, being and old sort of person. I supose he thinks that £200, or £100 each if your spouse is also an OAP (whoops is that banned now) is going to but votes. Sadly he is probably right, not mine though.
Alecto
Grafter

Not much of a bargain, is it? £200 now followed by four years of misery watching the incompetents ruin anything that they haven't yet ruined.

Remember the days when we had good company pension schemes? So Brown destroys those, then whines that nobody's taking out a pension.
And with 4 million pensioners on means testing, there's plenty of jobs for civil servants.

Rumour has it that the state pension in New Zealand is 80% of the national average wage.

None of this lot has a mind clear enough to deal with any problem, so they just tinker with things, make them more complicated and tell us lies.

And they wonder why the BNP is so popular.
N/A

NOTHING.
N/A

Cheap shot

The budget ... as someone said is designed to win fringe voters... especially the 'Grey Vote' as they like to put it. Think about it, a £200 one off council tax rebate is little compensation if you continually see the tax rise at well above the level of pension & pay increases.. its a cheap effort that will win some short sighted folk.
Stamp duty level doubled to £120k.... so how may places can you buy now under £120k ?.. that won't cost him much at all. Fuel tax deffered !!!.. thats the one that wil hit us all .... and one he daren't introduce right now. Inheritance tax incareased.. by very little over many years... another one that will cost him very little.
As usual its in one hand and out of the other.
N/A

Well it hasn't affected me... apart from the Beer.

The petrol duty was frozen, and is expected to go up in line with inflation come september/october.

He should have put billions into BT to turn it from a copper network to fibre... give us all 100mb connections with no limits!

Craigster
N/A

i think i get about £1 extra family allowance each week! WOHOOOO!!!!

I dont drink and i dont smoke... and i dont own a house nor intend to buy one and im a bit young at the moment to be of pensionable age (even if i feel over 60!).