cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So do I have to do anything to get 2MBit?

N/A

The email said:
"If you're currently on Broadband Home Premier, you will be able to choose the speed you operate your connection at - from 512kb right up to 8Mb where available."

but so far there is no option to choose your speed, only the upgrade prices. Will I automatically get 2Mb from April 1st, (as thats all my exchanges has yet), or will I have to ask F9 to enable it?

Its only two weeks away, and I've already restarted my router a few times optimistically.

If I ask Easynet for 8Mbit, will that increase the likelihood of my exchange being upgraded?
3 REPLIES
N/A

I know how you feel but I suspect we will have to keep an eye on the portal options under "My Connection" and an option will appear there to allow us to change the speed. The big question of course is, how will they determine the maximum speed you can get on your line without trying it first? I think im slightly over the limit for 2Mbit although I know someone about the same distance as me from the same exchange who DOES have it.

Id say we just need to sit tight until we hear more, no doubt another e-mail will go out when the upgrades start to let us know we can change our speed from the portal.

Not sure about the 8Mbit, id say it can't hurt to raise a ticket mentioning it.
N/A

I think that you will have to wait for MaxDSL to be put live (on your exchange?) to get your 2MBit, they have said that this could be any time from april 1st...

Fair usage is implemented on 1st april though. Be patient, your 2MBit will arrive soon enough.

If I have got any of this wrong pls let me know!!
N/A

Sounds about right especially as I have heard from some people who have BT as their ISP and they have had their connections upgraded already though I think only speed doubled NOT MaxDSL.

Considering the fact that BT as a telco is supposed to be independant of BT the ISP they ALWAYS seem to get things first. Sounds like an antitrust lawsuit to me.