cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Slow Broadband

N/A

Slow Slow Broadband

I have suffered problems with my connection 1mb slowing up less than dial up, freezing up, the later comes back when modem unplugged and rebooted.
This week it has been a pain, yesterday/ today it has not worked at all, wether any maintenance has been going on I dont know.
I have a 4 port router/modem, make unknown but it is a web/interent setup based machine. Can these cause problems cutting out, running slow etc, when they get hot?. Sometimes when it is unplugged for a long time (Hrs), on switching back on it works fine for a couple of days. Anyone had similar prob's.
Ok I do run 3 computers but the problems of slowness still occurs when they are all on line but only browsing, no other programmes or browsers are running, What things can affect this, I would expect to get good speeds in this senario, on a 1mb connection
4 REPLIES
N/A

Slow Slow Broadband

Hmm just sounds like it's duff. I use a 1m link and a D-Link wireless router between 3 PCs/games console and no issues like this....

-D
N/A

Slow Slow Broadband

I think it may be a duff router, but the only way to be sure is to see if you can borrow a USB ADSL modem from a friend or something and see if you get a much more stable and reliable connection with that.

matt Wink
N/A

Slow Slow Broadband

Run a Bench Test Program from the 'Tools' webiste and check your line speed before you start looking at Kit Problems.

I've a similar setup with heavy 128 bit encryption, which carries a heavy price. If you've got the opportunity select WEP-WPA security on your router instead.
N/A

Slow Slow Broadband

Afraid I got a new router/modem by Zoom, must admitt it's a lot better even if I wasted money.
Apparently BT had some fault or other, then checked with FOL checking through the settings and have got things running OK, having reached speeds of over 950 kbs at times.
Thanks FOL keep the speed up Smiley