cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Connection Speed

rifraf

Slow Connection Speed

Why do i only ever connect at 1MBPS?

On the very first day i goit 8mps but since theni have never achieved more than 1mbps.

Has anyone else ever got more - and how can i increase the connection speed?
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Slow Connection Speed REPLY

> Why do i only ever connect at 1MBPS?
>
> On the very first day i goit 8mps but since theni have never achieved more than 1mbps.
>
> Has anyone else ever got more - and how can i increase the connection speed?

Hi,
The first question I would ask you is what connection product are you using? i.e. what kind of
account do you have. Your connection speed is dependant on a number of varing factors such as:- the hardware you are using (modem or router)the connectivity product (account type),how close or far away from your nearest phone exchange,how noisy the quality of your phoneline,general internet traffic use, time of day and so forth to name the most obvious one's.

Nobody ever gets the full stated bandwidth with any connection product, for example with a dialup account and a 56K modem you never get the full 56K bandwidth this is normal. You may get close to this such as 48 or 52Kbps etc.

Best Regards
Ivan

--
N/A

RE: Slow Connection Speed REPLY x2

> > Why do i only ever connect at 1MBPS?
> >
> > On the very first day i goit 8mps but since theni have never achieved more than 1mbps.
> >
> > Has anyone else ever got more - and how can i increase the connection speed?
>
> Hi,
> The first question I would ask you is what connection product are you using? i.e. what kind of
> account do you have. Your connection speed is dependant on a number of varing factors such as:- the hardware you are using (modem or router)the connectivity product (account type),how close or far away from your nearest phone exchange,how noisy the quality of your phoneline,general internet traffic use, time of day and so forth to name the most obvious one's.
>
> Nobody ever gets the full stated bandwidth with any connection product, for example with a dialup account and a 56K modem you never get the full 56K bandwidth this is normal. You may get close to this such as 48 or 52Kbps etc.
>
> Best Regards
> Ivan
>
>
> --
>

More,
The only way you can get a faster connection speed is to purchase more bandwidth (buy a bigger fatter pipe just like F9 have too). If you run a huge pipe and its not enough (common scenario for big companies)say a T1 then you go upwards and buy multiples of this T2 & T3 but thats very extreme.

*Wireless devices are capable of forming fast connections upto 11Megabits per second.Wireless is starting to become very popular now.

Ivan

--