cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Broadband

N/A

Sky Broadband

I have been having a read of the T&C's and AUP of Sky Broadband and I wonder if someone with more knowledge of these things than I would have a look at

http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/usage?contentid=59710

and right down the bottom the section under the title "What can we do"

Am I being too suspicious by my getting the impression that by accepting the terms and conditions you are vitually giving them permision to bypass the Data Protection Act? it is the final paragraph that is concerning me the most.

I hope I am over reacting somewhat.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Sky Broadband

Pretty standard terms in most electronic providers these days I'd have thought.

Basically, where the likes of the Police have received a complaint against you, Sky are obliged to cooperate with the Police (upon serving the correct warrants/court orders/etc).
N/A

Sky Broadband

(upon serving the correct warrants/court orders/etc).

That I understand it's just that I have not seen anything similar before in other ISP's T&C's and to me it read like you are giving them permission to virtually do what they like without the need for warrants and court orders.

Like I said maybe reading more into it than is there..... but most T&C's usually mention that you will not use your connection for anything illegal and leave it at that but this seems to go a stage further in that it seems that by accepting the terms you are giving permission for them to send the information straight away to who ever maybe interested.