cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheffield Hotels

Community Veteran

Sheffield Hotels

O.k. as some of you know I've been picked for the customer forum as someone can't make it (not naming names but I know a certain person is off to Prague on the 10th Evil :razz: )

Anyhow; I'm trying to work out if I can afford it etc, etc and have been looking at hotels.

I've found a couple of B and B's at around £25 per night on "SmoothHound" and wondered if anyone knew if they were any good and how easy It would be to get to PN from them or had any other reccomendations, where will others coming from further away be staying?

The ones I've seen on smoothhound are:

Thornsett House which is on the Thornsett Road.

The Rambler Country House which is in Edale.

Ta; Daniel

Edit: forgot to say; I'll be on foot or by public transport!
41 REPLIES
N/A

Sheffield Hotels

Hi Daniel,

Your best bet is the Premier Travel Lodge which is just across the road from Terry St and will be well handy. It is accessible by the Tram system using the Yellow line to the Arena. An all day tram ticket costs £2.70. The trams are very frequent and super.

Whether your going to TB or IH, the Travel Lodge should suit fine and it isnt too expensive.

The City centre is not very far from the train station, thus making access to the trams easy.

There is a handy Map on this page which should help.

Let me know if you need owt else.
Community Veteran

Sheffield Hotels

Just looked at that ad it's coming out at £50 odd! I know rooms at the travel lodge are £40; but ws hoping for something a tad cheaper! I'll have a look at the map tough ta!
N/A

Sheffield Hotels

Daniel,

Sorry Cant help you much as regards to Sheffield. I am coming from Retford (about 40 minutes by train , 40 miles away). So I spose im lucky as I can bugger back off home afterwards.

I would look for prices round here, but I can help but feel that itll be out of your way by just a little way lol.

£25 per night is actually very good, have you tried googling a B&B rating site ?

Regards,
LiamM
Grafter

Sheffield Hotels

Premier Travel Inn was just over £50/night when we went up a couple of weeks ago. Thats pretty standard for a night in that kind of place and it's secure, conveniently located opposite Tech Building and the Trams.
N/A

Sheffield Hotels

HUH,

I have just noticed a word I typed has been censored lolol. I cant recal it being a swear word though lol.
Unless I was that tired and did actually type a swear word ? Oh well, too late now.
N/A

Sheffield Hotels

It was a word which rhymes with beggar Smiley
Community Veteran

Sheffield Hotels

bugger; I've got to choose between the customer forum and seeing a relative - why couldn't I have been told before!
N/A

Sheffield Hotels

Daniel,

Sorry cant help you, but my view would be this Customer forum is so far a once in a lifetime thing, family come and go on a daily basis lol.

Just kidding, sorry wish I could help, but I cant.

Regards,
glyndev
Grafter

Sheffield Hotels

I cant speak for places in Sheffield but there is one in Barnsley that is around £25 B&B per night and is easy access to the M1.

Park View guest House is about 3/4 mile from J37 and only about 15 mins up the motorway from meadowhall. The number is 01226 297268 email parkviewguesthouse@amserve.net

Here is a map showing the location.
Community Veteran

Sheffield Hotels

I cant speak for places in Sheffield but there is one in Barnsley that is around £25 B&B per night and is easy access to the M1.

Thanks; but it needs to be to public transport- I've not even got a provisional license yet let alone passed my test!
N/A

Sheffield Hotels

Daniel,

Had it been summer I would have picked you up on my bike lol.
Nice gentle ride down the road on a cruiser Wink (With a mad man LOL )
Community Veteran

Sheffield Hotels

:lol:
glyndev
Grafter

Sheffield Hotels

Thanks; but it needs to be to public transport- I've not even got a provisional license yet let alone passed my test!

Sorry I hadn't notices the bit about public transport.

But I have done some checking and there are regular bus services from close to the guest house to the Rail station (5 mins journey) and a 1/2 hourly rail service to Meadowhall (20 min journey) £2.10 single and £2.70 day return.

Hope this info is of use
N/A

Sheffield Hotels

lol,

Like the meadowhall advertisement lol. It would be nice to go to meadhow hall also, but I dont think this will be an option on that day.

I wonder, how far is Technology building from the train station? I will be arriving by train, so this info will be of use to me also.

Regards,