cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings on Outlook

N/A

Settings on Outlook

I have set up several e-mail accounts in outlook 2000. Some for plusnet (to collect faxes, and other mailboxes) and others from my previous e-mail supplier (eurobell). However, when I try to send mail using one of these other accounts, specifically eurobell, my mail doesn't want to go!!!The same happens if someone sends me an email to my eurobell account. I receive the email no probs, but if I hit reply. Again it doesn't want to go. I have tried using the options tab and then changing the send using to plus net and this doesn't work. I have to create a new email. I have checked all the settings using Tools options, account, etc but cant seem to resolve this issue. The same happens when I use the send button and select eurobell as my send command. I am using Win 98se, Office 2000, D-link 504 router. and ahve each connection set up as Lan access. Can any one help.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Settings on Outlook

This is because the SMTP servers you are sending through do not support relays.

All SMTP server realy your mail from one host to another.

On some servers, the e-mail or your connections has to meat specific rules, to be permitted to relay.

With plus.net, you have to be connected to the Plus.Net service, and the from e-mail address being used has to be a plus.net e-mail domain.

This is problemable the same with eurobell. Because you are not connected to them, you can't relay the message.

Methods around this, set your from address to your plus.com address, in all your account settings, but use the reply-to field to specify the proper address (IE, the eutobell address on the eurobell account).

This will allow you to use the plus.net server, while allowing them to reply to the correct address.
N/A

RE: Settings on Outlook

Thanks for your help. I used account settings in Outlook. Then went to servers and changed my outgoing server to: relay.plus.net. Then went to the general section and added my return email address (eurbell) works fine. Thanks