Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up email problem

frattonpark
Dabbler

Setting up email problem

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help

I've added 3 e-mail addresses. On MS Outlook I've then go through the process, as explained in the help section, of setting up the e-mail address on outlook. Not explained in the help section, is an option to test account settings.

I get a tick against them all apart from logon to incoming email server, it then displays the user name and then asks for a network password.

I've no idea what this network password is, can anyone help please?
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Setting up email problem

It should be your standard password for your plusnet account...
N/A

Setting up email problem

Are you setting the usernames in outlook to username+mailbox name?

As Daniel says the password is normally your Plus Net account password, unless you created a seperate password for the mailboxes.
frattonpark
Dabbler

Setting up email problem

As Daniel says the password is normally your Plus Net account password, unless you created a seperate password for the mailboxes.

Thanks for the help

I've individual passwords for each mailbox account

I've tried both my account password, which is what I think it should be and also the individual mailbox account password but to no avail

What upsets me is that when I set these up yesterday they all worked using the network password that matches my account password. I've been able to send e-mails out but replies back have not been received :roll:

I'll try again tomorrow and see if it works

Yep, I am mr angry/sad at the moment Cry
frattonpark
Dabbler

Setting up email problem

I'm still having no luck here Evil
N/A

Setting up email problem

When you set up a mailbox in the web portal you will set a password for each mailbox

box pw
Mailbox1 password1
Mailbox2 password2
Mailbox3 password3

frattonpark <login password>

in outlook simply set the account settings as

user: frattonpark+Mailbox1
pw: password1

then

user: frattonpark+Mailbox2
pw: password2

and

user: frattonpark+Mailbox3
pw: password3

to summarise, make sure you use the mailbox password and not your login password
frattonpark
Dabbler

Setting up email problem

aha Cheesy
A savior!
N/A

Setting up email problem

Just a note, i see our Mr Warnock may be at your local playing fieolds in the next week or two Wink
frattonpark
Dabbler

Setting up email problem

Just a note, i see our Mr Warnock may be at your local playing fieolds in the next week or two Wink

I hope we do get Warnock and I hope its not too late to keep us up :?
frattonpark
Dabbler

Setting up email problem

Breaking News..... Warnock stays with you!
N/A

Setting up email problem

I know

You lucky people lol

I think warnocks a decent manager but its very much down to the board running united the right way, especially off field, whereas the other local team are up to there eyeballs in debt

united are bying a team in china apparently, we might buy the wendies next!
frattonpark
Dabbler

Setting up email problem

Warnock has always instilled a good team spirit, thats what we are missing. I think Laurie Sanchez could do this for us. You could go up as we go down

I'd welcome Harry back as we played attractive football when he was in charge plus he got us some decent signings

However I've a feeling McLeish will get the job if Rangers get knocked out of the Euro Cup next week