cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seti@Home

N/A

Seti@Home

Does anyone does this?

been doing this since early 02 on the old classic seti, but i am now using the boinc program were i can run multi projects Cheesy

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Seti@Home

Instead of looking for little green men, you should be doing something more useful like cancer research (see sig). Wink Wink Tongue

PlusNet has it's own unofficial Grid.org team and thread here.

Give it a try... you know you want to Cheesy
N/A

Seti@Home

i do that aswell Cheesy,i spilt my machine and do different projects on them..
LiamM
Grafter

Seti@Home

Agreed with Peter. I used to do SETI @ HOME, until I realised how pointless it was. Now I am a member of the unofficial Grid.org team clocking up more useful processor time.
N/A

Seti@Home

It's your electricity bill.

Personally (as pointed out by PCW's? May issue) I save my money.
N/A

Seti@Home

well i dont pay for the electric bill Cheesy

but it does not add much at all to have 4 pcs on 24/7 the main thing that uses elec was monitors as i only have 2 not really a issuse Cheesy

had proplems running the cancer 1 before slowed pc right down for some stupid reason.. mite try it again sometime soon
N/A

Seti@Home

but it does not add much at all to have 4 pcs on 24/7

Oh yes it does!

I think the Go Green and save money feature is in the may issue of PC Pro

My pc is on 24/7 but the wife and kids pcs get turned off when they are not being used.
N/A

Seti@Home

i looked at the last few bills we had and for me to keep all 4 of my pc's on 24/7 came to about £25 extra.. but as i am not paying for this i dont care myself Cheesy
Community Veteran

Seti@Home

Well I can see the worry, Im very energy conscience, but we could do with a few more grid members!

Its the first time Ive looked at my stats on grid for a while, tow of my best machines have stopped working. Ill have to fix these tomorrow. Wont be long before im beating Peter's stats...
N/A

Seti@Home

hey up, i used to run seti but now i 'fold' mainly because of the benefit to us lot Smiley

i'm gonna plug this because its how i got involved and i know its a US site but its a great place to go for help and theres a fair few of us brits there.

just watch, its worth it.

http://www.hel-razor.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html
Community Veteran

Seti@Home

Then again I suppose if we do find aliens, they might have a cure for cancer already Smiley