cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Email via non Force9 connection

N/A

My parents have upgraded their ISDN to Broadband with BT. I used to be able to connect via their ISDN using my force9 connection.

Since they have upgraded I have set my laptop up to use their connection which is shared via a home network. Receiving my Force9 email is fine but when I send, I get a message stating that "relay is not allowed".

Tried to tell outlook to use same logon details as incoming server but this also fails to allow me to send email.

Can I send email from my force9 account using BT as the isp provider?

Any help appreciated.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Sort of, but you need to sepcify the BT SMTP Service, rather than relay.force9.net.
N/A

Wasn't there recently a similar enquiry to this on these message boards? (I can't find it though!)

I would agree with Colin / "csogilvie" but I seem to recall that previous thread (assuming it's more than a figment of my imagination) concluded that, unlike Force9/PlusNet's SMTP, BT's checks the sender's email address conforms to the BT norm, so you cannot use a Force9 (or any non-BT email address) to send email via their system.
N/A

You have to be logged onto the F9/ +Net system to be able to send email through their servers. If they allowed everyone to send email through their servers from every ISP, there would be a huge amount of abuse by spammers. You will need to put in your BT account details to send, but if you want them to reply to your emails at your F9 address, you will need to edit the "reply to" details in Outlook (or whatever programme you use).

Cheers

Mark
N/A

EMail Via Another ISP

Are there facilities through F9 to use an SSL connection or SPA for sending mail whilst connected from my office (Not an F9 connection)?Huh
N/A

Nope, there is no format of Authenticated SMTP at present, although it was being considered.