cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search engine results

N/A

Search engine results

Guys/girls

does have any suggestions on how to best promote your website so that it comes up high on search engine searches?

Thanks

Dale
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Search engine results

All search engines are diffrent. You need to have your meta tags in your header and they should be reflected in the page its self. There is a web page were you can test your meta tags and speed
http://www.scrubtheweb.com/abs/meta-check.html

Make sure you us the full title on each page. If you realy want to get high then sign up for free pages with every free isp that give web space and put you page on all of them but point it to your main site. Google ranks you by the number of people pointing to your site.

> Guys/girls
>
> does have any suggestions on how to best promote your website so that it comes up high on search engine searches?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dale

N/A

RE: Search engine results

Submit your site to dmoz.org

Dmoz.org is a online directory (simalar to yahoo).

Comapnies like google, lycos and hundreds of other sites, use the Dmoz.org directory (Dmoz.org holds a catagory, showing a list of every site that uses the directories abilities. Each page has at least 50 links on, and it's alphabetized (IE, at least 50 * 24 sites)).

Simply having your site in this directory, will give your site a high rank in google searches. Good or bad, people see this as a flaw, but what the hell, it works for ya.

Note:

Dmoz.org generates a very very large file (In the region of "DVD required to store"), which google downloads to update it's listings.

This files is usualy re-created once per month, after which google downloads a update.

Due to problems with the software that creates this file, all listings are out of date at thsi time (since last Oct if I remember).

This means google and lycos are out of date.

However, most sites directy query the dmoz.org search engine. The dmoz.org search engine is up to date, so most sites will show your results.

They may have fixed the issue with the file, but I can't confirm that. I am a editor at dmoz.org, and they have changed the forum. I can't get ont he forum, so can't check. Oh well.