cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Engine problem...

chino
Grafter

Search Engine problem...

I have a website that comes up if you search on google but...

There is a problem it shows up as www.domain.com/home.html rather than the index.html so how do i make the page refresh so if they click on home.html it refreshes into index.html....

Is that possable?

I think this is because i am using frames...

To get around should i just put all my content in the index page?

Thanks

cUnDaLl
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Search Engine problem...

This is the way google works.

All of the content regarding your page, is stored within the home.html file, and as such, this is where google classes the site as beeing hosted.

I would sugest looking for some javascript code, called a frame buster.

In most cases these are designed to stop other sites accessing your own, which leaving there own banner adverts on. However, an aditional feature, is to make sure that if a person accesses your site via the wrong page (like google is causing), it forces your site, back, into the frame.
chino
Grafter

Thanks i have been looking at those scripts but they seem to be for if my page was being used within frames which are not mine (good script).

I can see where it could work but i am after a script that does the same but loads my frame rather than loading the single window...

To see what i mean..

http://www.mrcundall.co.uk/student_accom/home.html
loads rather than
http://www.mrcundall.co.uk/student_accom/

Thanks again

cUnDaLl
N/A

on a slightly seperate note: i visited your site but couldn't see much of what was intended to be there. i was using the browser Opera (a wonderful browser). when i viewed the site in Internet Explorer all seemed well. I suggest you test your website on more than just IE.
chino
Grafter

yes the site is in testing mode, i don't know if you noticed but i have put a notice "cannot see the nav bar? Click here" ofcourse i have not finished the link yet... but it's a work in progress...

Thanks anyway

cUnDaLl

N/A

the best advice is to loose the frames. Its a standard problem if google finds a page as part of a frame you loose the other frames and people cant find what they want. By using table you can give the effect of frames without that problem. Look at www.blocksealer.co.uk it lloks like a frame but isnt

> yes the site is in testing mode, i don't know if you noticed but i have put a notice "cannot see the nav bar? Click here" ofcourse i have not finished the link yet... but it's a work in progress...
>
> Thanks anyway
>
> cUnDaLl
>
>