cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite pictures

N/A

Satellite pictures

Her indoors heard on the radio that there is a site on the web where you can download pictures of anywhere in the world, in incredible detail. Sadly she did not get the web address. can anyone help please?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Satellite pictures

Theres two of them
Google Earth and World Wind

You need to download the programs though.

Google earth is the smaller one to download

A google search will find the download sites.
N/A

Satellite pictures

Thanks John, it was Google Earht
John
Community Veteran

Satellite pictures

The google one seems to have more high definition pictures of different places on the globe but not all of it is covered by any means.
You can tell where it will be high definition though because as you zoom in you will see that there are obvious square or oblong patches at the high definition places.

I also recommend having a look at the world wind one but it is a hefty download up to 200meg if I recall. On that one there are a lot more viewing options and some of the places in the states you can visit are so well defined that you can count the rivits on a battleship Cool
Metalguru
Grafter

Satellite pictures

Hey Towill.

Maybe your missus thinks she can use the application to keep an eye on you !

Which reminds me.

Did anyone see that film, with Gene Hackman and Denzil Washington (I think) in it?

It was all about a U.S. government conspiracy, but it included satellites with the capability to pick up live images of individuals, and pass the images back to some sort of U.S. secret service control room.

A sort of Super, World Wide CCTV Network .

In the film Gene Hackman always wore a hat, and never looked up.

I wonder if that sort of technology actually exists now?

Can anybody remind me of the name of that film ?
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Satellite pictures

It was Enemy of the State, with Gene Hackman & Will Smith
Metalguru
Grafter

Satellite pictures

Cloudmaster - Thanks for that.

Anyone with any thoughts on weather it is actually possible ti ID a person / individual, from a camera mounted on a satellite ?