cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sat nav

N/A

Sat nav

I just got my self a Navman F20 from PCwoe, yes PC woe. Sometimes they can sell things at cheaper prices . I did use the net to pick up from store, but it would of been easier just to of turned up. I waited 10minuites and the man only went and got it from the display case that all the sat navs are kept. I wonder if it was the last one and i was 5 Min's to late it would have been sold ? I did have a right old moan about this, nothing like the adds, eh ?

Anyways more about my sat nav >>HERE<<
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Sat nav

I have found that you can get better prices than in store by ordering on the internet before leaving home.

Also I have heard that it will only allow you to pre-order if they have three in stock.

Chilly
N/A

Sat nav

Yea it was a good Internet price . I never did go look to see how much it was in the store . I was to busy waiting for some to serve me at the collection point :?

I would like that nice man on the adds to serve me . Instead of some toge who is explaining to some fossil what a router is and he cant go wireless on his laptop unless he has one :shock:

If they are going to have a collection point, staff manning it would be a good idea .
Liam
Grafter

Sat nav

I bought me a copy of the TomTom 5 software for my XDA and I love it! Was quite expensive but it works a treat. When I first moved to Sheffield I still used it to get home to Devon every other weekend.

4 Months down the line later I got in the car to find the battery had died and man did I struggle to remember the route I used - even though I'd driven it 20 odd times!

It's funny.... TomTom says "turn left" and I just do it without even checking! The trust I have in it is worrying :S
N/A

Sat nav

The wife recons its a waste of money for me, as i am a very good map reader. Next season tho i have to travel all over Hampshire, with my football team, so to punch in an address and get straight there with no hassle, sounds good to me. I'm going to buy a T1 traffic module. That gives you free traffic reports and alternative routes
avalon
Grafter

Sat nav

It's funny.... TomTom says "turn left" and I just do it without even checking! The trust I have in it is worrying :S

Just so long as it doesn't take a funny turn and route you via spain. Be a bit of a problem if it directed you to the ferry terminal 5 mins after the boat left and you turned onto the loading ramp without checking because the nice TomTom told you to. :lol:
Community Veteran

Sat nav

In response to the moan about PC World's Collect @ Store service, I too have found it to be abysmal. I think the best exaple of this was when I travelled for an hour to a store I'd reserved something from, waited ten minutes to be seen, waited another few minutes for the person to go looking for my item, only to be told they didn't have it. I was not happy. Plus, I do also find that they tend to just pick stuff straight off the store shelves anyway... but I like the C@S service as it means (hypothetically) that I can get something at a good price (i.e. possibly even as good as Amazon's) without having to wait. But it can be infuriating at times...
N/A

Sat nav

TomTom says "turn left" and I just do it without even checking!

In my case it's not TOMTOM who gives me orders but my better half; that's also very worrying. :shock:
N/A

Sat nav

Sat Nag ? Tongue
shellsong
Grafter

Sat nav

I use TomTom on my Treo650-- I've got the Western Europe map on a 2GB SD card and it's excellent for routing from home to Germany via the Eurotunnel when we visit our son, particularly since we like to overnight in Brugge on the way. Navigation through foreign one way streets would be horrible without it!

Mind you I believe there are a few times when you should be careful about believing what TomTom says because there is famously one place where vehicles have been routed up a narrow road to the top of a quarry! :twisted:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Sat nav

Given I am useless at directions, it's something I've thought of buying but never done so. I was in a car with my aunt recently (where they of course had the basic TomTom) and was really impressed by it .. really good even though when we drove from Eastbourne to London on the A road we were on (can't remember which one) .. it must have been rebuilt and it thought we were driving on a field for a while, when we were not Smiley

I bought me a copy of the TomTom 5 software for my XDA and I love it! Was quite expensive but it works a treat. When I first moved to Sheffield I still used it to get home to Devon every other weekend.

You must need it, that's not exactly a short distance journey is it Smiley