cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSI (server side includes) help

N/A

I have tried to get information from the support team without any luck can someone please tell me what I need to do to use this facility on F9

A now frustrated user

Torchy
15 REPLIES
N/A

As far as I know you cannot use server side includes on the homepages website, you must use crofters (CGI server).

Correct me if i am wrong people. :?

Jarv
N/A

Thanks for the reply Jarv.
I contacted F9 by phone they tell me they do support SSI and SSL I posted a few test pages and was unable to get them to work. I then raised a queery with them concerning this and the reply is below:-

Our server does support SSI, however you will need to make some changes to your webspace which we unable to support via this medium.

Please see the tutorial section of our forums or start a new topic in the forum to discuss this.

Regards,
Ben Brown

I cant find anything in the tutorial section to do with SSI hence the post here I realy would like to sort this out quickly or I will have to move my accounts and websites else where
N/A

ooo, interesting ...

Will have another go if i have time Smiley

Jarv
N/A

Would be very intrested to know how you get on and hopefully what I am doing wrong.
N/A

i wouldnt get your hopes up :roll:

will keep you informed though

Tongue
N/A

Thanks

Have to say I do not understand how F9 can say that they support something and do not give any information on how to use it, but rely on a forum to give the answers?Huh
N/A

SSI and such like?

Hi globalltd

Perhaps this subject falls into that grey techie area of "we're just to blinking busy holding all the pipes and cables together here to be really interested in SSI??" or perhaps we're not really very interested to help those users that are that adventurous?? either way NOT very inspiring or helpful.

Ivan :roll:
N/A

ssi

Has anyone had any luck setting up server side includes yet. I've tried and it's not worked and have had the same replies from tech support.

Any help would be much appreciated

Craig
N/A

I use SSI for my forum, guestbook and classified ads, albeit on crofters though.

<teaching to suck eggs>Don't forget the extension for your page should be *.shtml (don't know if any others work or not) and to call the script I want placing, I use <!--#include virtual="url to script" -->.</teaching to suck eggs>

HTH

Mark
N/A

SSIs

I' have just managed to get SSIs working on our site. f9 sent me to this site ...

http://www.hypergurl.com/ssi.html

and if you use their .htaccess file text it works. I'd tried other lines in an .htaccess file but they caused a server error but this works.
orrery
Grafter

... and I'm sure that you can use PHP to do includes too.

regards
Ian
N/A

yeah the initial query was for the homepages server though.
N/A

Hmmm. Looking at the initial post, it doesn't actually state the user wanted to use SSI on the homepages server. From what I can see, yours is the only post that mentions it :?

Regards

Mark
N/A

Thats true, doesnt say that on the initial post, or anywhere clearly. As globalltd expanded on his initial query though I just assumed he was using homepages because I had said it could be done on crofters. Also F9 had told him that the webspace also supports SSL (and crofters does not). I shouldn't really have assumed globalltd knew what crofters was though :?

soz for the abrupt post orrery Sad

Regards
Jarv