cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSI gone for a burton on ccgi again!!!!!

N/A

The last time I tampered with *.shtml files on the ccgi server was on the 18 July 2005 and I left them all working. This was because I was using the <!--#exec cgi="" --> command which Bob said was supposed to be asecurity risk. I had to use this command as the one I used on the cgi server <!--#include virtual="l" --> did not work and no sensible answers were forthcoming from F9 because "the cgi server is not supported". The fact that F9 "updated" a stable system and replaced it with the pants we have now is neither here nor there. The ticket (16978150 on pubsinger) also had a statement from a CS agent stating:

SSI exec will not be removed for now, and all should work as advertised .

So what has happened? Has it been removed behind our backs? Have system changes been made which affect the ability of the commands to operate?

Great isn't it. You get everything working for the switch off, then someone throws a spanner in the works and makes a balls up of it again.

Thanks F9.

Mark
6 REPLIES
N/A

Re: SSI gone for a burton on ccgi again!!!!!

SSI exec will not be removed for now, and all should work as advertised .

So, when was exec removed? :twisted: :twisted: It must have been removed within the last month because replacing the exec code which was originally working on ccgi with the include code that wasn't working has found the SSI working again. Why was your customer "pubsinger" not informed via his open ticket, or had CS ignored it for that long that it closed automatically. I think we all know the naswer to that one. Evil

It is things like this that really get your customer's backs up. There is no thought about what you do or who it affects when you do it. From initially finding when moving platforms, that include wasn't working and support claiming there not to be a problem, to then allow me to use on a friend's site the exec command and stating in a ticket it would not be removed, then to find exec has been removed ad include miraculously working again. What a fiasco. :twisted:

Another customer relations exercise totally screwed up :!: :!: :!:

Mark

(ticket #17441332 opened for an explanation)
N/A

What a cracking reply from CS:

G**y W***on built and runs this platform therefore has expertise in its usage. Note that networks reserve the right to change the running of the platform when required and cannot always notify the userbase when small changes are implemented.

Regards,
Support

So basically once again F9 say "stuff the customer, we wil do whatever we want, then we shan't bother to inform anyone we've done it". It's okay though for them to spam their customers when they want everyone to know about a new product, or when they want to spam their dial up customers about moving to "always on" sorry, subject to idle disconnection broadband.

I see improvement in customer relations is high on the agenda at F9 these days.

Mark
N/A

I still can't get my SSI calls to work. Has this function been discontinued or what? A call to CS prompted a reply from them "Oh!!. have you tried doing a search?". When I told them that I had and that there were no topics brought up the guy tried himself. "Oh I see what you mean. I will contaxt my supervisor"
That was 3 weeks ago.
Can anybody help;.
Z2Dave
N/A

SSI is working on a friend's account I look after using the <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/eventpublisher.cgi" --> command.

HTH

Mark
N/A

I must be doing something wrong. The script works fine as a standalone. Where have you placed the .shtml file with respect to the cgi file?
I have used the calls that you say and many other variations, and keep getting the same answer when calling from the shtml file:-

"CCGI encountered an error while attempting to execute this script:

Error Message: Exec format error
Error Number: 8 "

Its a pity F9 dont give a damn
N/A

The SSI file is outside of the bin in its own directory. It is probably a case of making sure the file path is correct. I tend to change the shtml file each time, either adding ../ in front or removing one until it works. Not a very technical answer, but it works for me.

Mark