cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAR715 and VPN IPSec pass thru

N/A

Hi
I am very close to having ADSL , (local exchange was upgraded today), on eof the main things I need to do is to connect to my compaines corporate network which is acheived via a VPN connection. Since I have a small network and will be using NAT, I need to make sure that IPSec doesnt barf because the NAT'ing has rewritten packets.
I had a look at the solwise 715 docs and it says it does handle this , can any one confirm this for me??
Or cananyone recommend an ADSL modem/router combination that they use to connect to their corporate VPN , specifically an IPSec VPN .

Thanks
Steve
4 REPLIES
N/A

I use a Solwise SAR110 and VPN from Windows 2000 & XP PCs to my corporate VPN. I have also secured and stealthed the router. I've never had a problem getting an outward VPN connection.

Neil
N/A

Just realised that I meant to say that the SAR110 and SAR715 both use a GlobalSpan chipset, so are similar in their capabilities for supporting VPNs.

Neil
N/A

I just got a SAR715, use NAT and connect to my company VPN perfectly, using PPTP between my Win XP system and my company VPN server. Inbound works good too.
N/A

I had problems with my Dlink 604 router but solved them by unchecking the box in the AT&T Net Client that sets UDP encapsulation - without thwt it wont log on to the vpn servers