Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Richard Whiteley

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Richard Whiteley

I was very saddened this evening to learn of the death of Richard Whiteley. This is a man who over the last 20 years has presented the great show Countdown and brought much pleasure to probably millions of people.

Countdown has been there for most of my life and is something I thought, along with Richard would be there for many years to come.

Sadly we have lost another great British personality at too yound an age, 61 is not when we should lose people like Richard.

My thoughts are with Richard's friends and family now as are I'm sure as are many of us, and I would just like to say thank you. Thank you for everything that you have done to entertain us over the years, you will not be forgotten.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Richard Whiteley

I agree he was a great presenter with a great tie collection! I used to watch a lot when I was out of work.
Denzil
Grafter

Richard Whiteley

A TV icon if ever there was one, not that I follow Countdown personally. I remember him being there when Channel 4 was launched. 61 is much too young. He will be greatly missed.
LiamM
Grafter

Richard Whiteley

This came as such a shock. I love Countdown, and Richard. He was such a funny, entertaining, fine spirited guy. Well said, Dave. 61 is far too young an age.

My thoughts also are with his friends and family. He will be sorely missed, but never forgotten.
N/A

Richard Whiteley

It was a shock, and I feel the fact he turned a programme which was only meant to last 5 weeks, into one that ran for years, shows the kind of person he was, and how popular he was.

He was also with channel 4 from the start, and he also used to be a poltical reporter.
Community Veteran

Richard Whiteley

I too felt affected by the loss of Richard, I haven't watched countdown for quite a few years (since I was in college) but I did enjoy it greatly back then.

Richard is a great TV personality (you don't get many like him these days) and it is a shame to see him go.