cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS

N/A

Reverse DNS

Am I right in thinking that my static IP should resolve to the domain name adslbalboa.force9.co.uk?

I'm getting the following from nslookup:
*** pth-cdns-02.plus.net can't find 81.174.129.7: Non-existent domain

The name resolves to the IP correctly.
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Reverse DNS

> Am I right in thinking that my static IP should resolve to the domain name adslbalboa.force9.co.uk?
>
> I'm getting the following from nslookup:
> *** pth-cdns-02.plus.net can't find 81.174.129.7: Non-existent domain
>
> The name resolves to the IP correctly.

Hi,
I am not sure why you are experiencing this problem but just to reassure you I can resolve your domain name to IP and vic versa!! hope this might be of some help.

Ivan

--
N/A

Hmm, most odd. Two other people have tried it (one on BT adsl, the other from New Zealand), and they can't resolve the IP either.
N/A

> Hmm, most odd. Two other people have tried it (one on BT adsl, the other from New Zealand), and they can't resolve the IP either.

Hi Paul,
The other thought that I had reCheesyNS resolution problem is that dont forget that as I am also an F9 user I am jioned/connected to the same network & IP range that you are, so this might go along way to explaining the fact that "I can" resolve the doamin name & IP whilst others external to F9 cannot resolve the DN & IP? which might help to narrow down the problem.

This might suggest that the DNS problem is the ability of other users beyond or outside of the F9 network to successfully resolve your DN & IP something is still not right here? and required further investigations I would take this back to F9 Technical support as it suggested a possible DNS problem might be related to F9? but I cannot be 100% certain but have a strong sense that it couold be though?!!

Ivan
--
N/A

Thanks for all your feedback, Ivan. It's now working for me, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before it starts filtering down to other nameservers.

*phew* Smiley
N/A

> Thanks for all your feedback, Ivan. It's now working for me, so I imagine it's only a matter of time before it starts filtering down to other nameservers.
>
> *phew* Smiley

Hi Paul,
I am glad this got resolved for you!! Only too glad to be able to help out.

Best Regards
Ivan

--