cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request from weight watching wife :-(

N/A

I know this is perhaps a tall order as computers are not very good at this sort of thing but does anyone know of a formula or small programme anywhere that I can enter into a spreadsheet that would convert Kilos into Stones, pounds and ounces she is in one of her "I have got to lose weight" phases and is not happy when kilos are converted to bounds by the spreadsheet being informed she is 147.*********** pounds which she says means nothing to her, and my saying but look it is working to 16 decimal places of accuracy does not quite get the right reaction. :-(

Not holding much hope because as I siad computers are not very good at handling the quaint British weights but one never knows what may turn up.

If nothing else thanks to anyone taking the trouble to read this :-)

IanJ
19 REPLIES
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Re: Request from weight watching wife :-(

...but does anyone know of a formula or small programme anywhere that I can enter into a spreadsheet that would convert Kilos into Stones, pounds and ounces...
Not holding much hope because as I siad computers are not very good at handling the quaint British weights but one never knows what may turn up.

Well, I had nothing better to do on this wet morning, so I knocked up a quick sheet for you, it's not tidy, but it does the job. There's a converter from Kg to st lbs oz, and another that goes from st lbs oz to Kg. The sheet is protected, to stop you breaking the formulas, but there is no password set on it.
I've no idea how to post an attachment here, so I've uploaded it to
www.pjemmanuel.plus.com/sheet/converter.xls
Hope it's what you need, just let me know when you've downloaded it, so that I can take it down again.

HTH
Phil
holdtight
Grafter

Thanks Phil thats useful for me too as i still work in old money Wink

Bill.
N/A

Brilliant Phil one happy wife thanks it is appreciated have downloaded it..... but it seems others have a use for it as well :-)

IanJ
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Erm, how many others, exactly, cos if more than 18000 people download it, it's gonna drive my site over the limits :lol:

Phil
holdtight
Grafter

lol it would indeed are there that many that still work on the proper weights and measures system

maybe if youve got 5 minutes you can knock one up that covers the complete weight conversion table Wink now that would get used a lot
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Hmm, I feel the rumblings of a Java applet, perhaps I should look into it.....

Phil
N/A

Cheers Phil, I know somebody who really needs this although she doesn't know it yet! Wink

Do you accept PayPal? Smiley
Community Veteran

you couldn't do one for temperatures as well could you Tongue ;-)
Community Veteran

While I'm sure Phil's done a good job on the spreadsheet, let me remind you all of Google: type in a unit conversion (such as "three pounds in grammes") in to the Google search box and it'll tell you the answer.

Thomas
Julie
Grafter

Hi,
I always use this site for conversion
http://www.onlineconversion.com/

As Thomas has said I am sure Phil has done a great Job, but this is a handy link to have Smiley
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Cheers Phil, I know somebody who really needs this although she doesn't know it yet! Wink

Better hope she doesn't see this, it won't be a weight conversion sheet you'll be looking for.... Cheesy
pjemmanuel
Grafter

you couldn't do one for temperatures as well could you Tongue ;-)

Perhaps I could add that into the specification for the applet...
Anything else? Cheesy

Phil
pjemmanuel
Grafter

I've just replaced the converter sheet in my webspace because I've noticed an unintentional 'feature' **. Although you can enter the Kg with a decimal, it only shows whole kilograms - now it shows Kg with one decimal place. It's only a display issue, and obviously you can make any other necessary changes as you see fit.

** Unintentional feature - an interesting side effect of computation - of interest to Cybernetic Entymologists, also referred to as 'bugs'.
N/A

While I'm sure Phil's done a good job on the spreadsheet, let me remind you all of Google: type in a unit conversion (such as "three pounds in grammes") in to the Google search box and it'll tell you the answer.

Thomas

It's just not as personal as Phil's though is it Thomas? Wink

And, what is more we can all make our own requests etc.. Smiley